Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help-Need to enable "are you sure?" open trunk option via app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello- We have owned Teslas since 2013, we're an all electric fam now and we are on the app together. Several times I have wanted to open my trunk via my app and accidentally clicked on my husbands car rather than mine while his is parked in the garage. Ive even opened my falcon wing door accidentally due to cell in pocket, while parked in the garage. The App used to ask if we were "sure?" I can't find that option to enable..Thank you for any assistance

There isnt any option to enable that, at least that I am aware of. It shows up (or not) depending on proximity to the vehicle. It used to ask all the time, and people complained about the additional button press. Tesla then made it show up via proximity.

You can test this yourself, by trying to perform those functions when you are not in proximity to the vehicle (like trying to open the frunk when you are at home and your significant other has the car running errands / at work, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot
Upvote 0
Hello- We have owned Teslas since 2013, we're an all electric fam now and we are on the app together. Several times I have wanted to open my trunk via my app and accidentally clicked on my husbands car rather than mine while his is parked in the garage. Ive even opened my falcon wing door accidentally due to cell in pocket, while parked in the garage. The App used to ask if we were "sure?" I can't find that option to enable..Thank you for any assistance
The app has an "Are you Sure?" warning for the frunk but not the trunk. I think this is because the frunk needs to be closed manually while you can close the trunk from the app.

Upvote 0