Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed with MX asking to calibrate door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving kids to school this morning my X seems to be stuck in sleep mode ( all screen display are darker than night mode). I didn't want to mess with it so drop kids off then go home. At school when my son opens the FWD, the door opened but also beep and warning sign came on asking to calibrate?...I just exit the screen

Now at home,car turned off in garage. I came back 15mins later just sat in car, car still off, the center display came back normal in daytime mode. When I go to control mode the calibrate warning came on?

the warning says to make sure there is clearance for the door and hold down calibrate button while car calibrates.

Should I back the car out of garage then do the calibration? after that do I go back to garage, park the car like I usually do and recalibrate the height of the FWD according to my garage height? ( I did this once before, telling my car to open FWD to certain height AT THIS LOCATION ONLY)

I'm confused, I don't want the doors to open inside garage and hit the wall.

ok so tried calling technical support at Tesla....no luck :(
I basically took the car outside garage, put in park, then press and hold calibrate button, it opened left FWD slightly raised it up slightly then close it back up, then the button disappeared and green button with complete check mark on the screen.

I'm not sure if the car loss memory of the left FWD when it had the "sleep mode glitch" or is it because left FWD which I usually don't use will require recalibration from time to time if I don't use it?

something new everyday with this high tech car:)