TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Help or instructions needed

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by David29, May 16, 2016.

1. David29

David29 Member

There should be a Help button or at least an easily found link to instructions. I have been unable to post photos and cannot find instructions to do so. Searching for instructions did not work in a reasonable period of time. This type of thing is frustrating. It makes me feel as if I am in a place where the "in crowd" knows how to do stuff and keeps it a secret! I am sure it is not meant to be that way, so please be more obvious in pointing the way to whatever instructions or keys or guidance there may be. Especially about how the heck to post a photo. (And yes, I have seen such instructions in the past, before the web site was rebuilt, but now I cannot find it.)
    Thanks!

PS: After I posted this, I did another search for instructions on how to post photos, and all i found was one post -- this one!

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

To post photos you can just drag and drop them into the reply window. Click on "Full" if you don't want them to show up as thumbnails. Try it.

3. David29

David29 Member

Thanks, I did. It worked! Yay!

4. Mikeman1

Mikeman1 Member

I have the same problem trying to post a photo to my Profile, every time I click on the photo box on the left it tells me I don't have permission to edit the Profile. Also, how do I add my Model S information below a reply? Its in my profile but never shows up.

5. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

I think there is a minimum post count required for adding a profile photo, signature, etc. The minimums are pretty low, so after you've added a few more, try again :)

6. Mikeman1

Mikeman1 Member

Thanks for the reply. I wanted the Model 3 but couldn't wait another year for a Tesla that's why I got the Model S in March. I do not envy your wait but I do envy your Model. Hang in There :)