Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help.Ordering Model 3 trouble uploading driver license, and now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to open a new thread for this. (as my previous one not clearly states my problem).

I got my invitation on Tuesday, and ordered my Model 3 yesterday.

I put two names on the registration page (me and my wife). But when I tried to upload my wife's driver license, it won't allow me to do so, it keep saying "uploading" (mine uploading is fine). I tried different computer even mobile phone, tried both home and at office. All the same. I could not submit the mine driver license info either as my wife's driver license info is not completed. I could not go back and change only put my name on the car, and that has been submitted and can not change.

Now, what, Could I give a paper copy of driver license before or on delivery? Will this cause delay on delivery?

I am a bit worried...

Just so you know, you're not alone -- I'm having the same issue. I ordered yesterday and am from Canada. I'm in Mexico at the moment and am trying to do it with my iPad on the hotel's Wi-Fi. I thought it was just me and figured I'd retry when I get home in a few days.
In my case, the problematic upload is the front side of the second driver's licence. I can upload the other three images just fine. You?

Just so you know, you're not alone -- I'm having the same issue. I ordered yesterday and am from Canada. I'm in Mexico at the moment and am trying to do it with my iPad on the hotel's Wi-Fi. I thought it was just me and figured I'd retry when I get home in a few days.
In my case, the problematic upload is the front side of the second driver's licence. I can upload the other three images just fine. You?

Haha, yes 2nd drivers license front page. Exactly same issue. I am calmed after hearing that I am not alone.

You should be very worried!

I have very bad news. I am very sad to inform you that in a tweet a few weeks back, Elon specifically mentioned that whoever failed to upload their drivers license would not receive their model 3!

Oh, yeah. if Elon said that, that means Tesla agreed that their web ordering page is terrible for a high tech company. And their stock price will get hit tomorrow.

• Funny
Reactions: bpjod
I had the exact same issue. Called Tesla in Vancouver and was immediately transferred to our delivery advisor. I emailed the pictures of our licenses to her, she kindly popped them all in on her end, and then I was able to click “Submit”. :)

Reactions: F_T_K
I had the exact same issue. Called Tesla in Vancouver and was immediately transferred to our delivery advisor. I emailed the pictures of our licenses to her, she kindly popped them all in on her end, and then I was able to click “Submit”. :)

I called 888 number, and the guy told me no need to worry at this point. He told me that once I get my VIN, I will be assigned a delivery manager, and he/she will help me to upload all the documents.

Looks like Tesla really could do that in their back end. That's fine for me now.

Few days passed, Tesla still did not fix this issue. Did you manage to resolve this?

Had the same issue, it worked after trying on 3 different machines and all available browsers...

Ops, I have found a way to fix the problem. After going to the manage my model 3 page, just click the bottom Canadian flag, and switch to US site. Now, I can upload photo and click submit without any problem. After doing that, close the browser, re-start the browser, and go the Tesla Canadian site again, login and it shows that my driver license info is uploaded..

Hopefully, Tesla received my documents without any problems.

• Informative
Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Ops, I have found a way to fix the problem. After going to the manage my model 3 page, just click the bottom Canadian flag, and switch to US site. Now, I can upload photo and click submit without any problem. After doing that, close the browser, re-start the browser, and go the Tesla Canadian site again, login and it shows that my driver license info is uploaded..

Hopefully, Tesla received my documents without any problems.

This worked for me! Finally. Though after changing to the US site and uploading the license, I simply changed the site back to Canada and the licenses were still saved. Thanks ZooSean!

• Disagree
Reactions: Abrew2014
Do you guys have an Internet Advisor helping you? They typically contact you and review all your details. I just e-mailed mine a picture and they uploaded it (or input the info or whatever they needed to do).

Even changed a reservation in my name to my parents. The guy helping did everything. I just e-mailed him pictures of all the docs and he handled all the internal stuff Tesla does when they ask you to upload to the site.

Had the same issue and tried the switch to US trick and worked first time.

Seriously. If they want to push everyone to online ordering. They need to make it work.

I also couldn't enter my home address when I first placed an order as it rejected my postal code. It's a new subdivision... From a year and a half ago... Had to call in. And then the image upload bug that's still an issue a year later....?