Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help: Piece of Home Connector Wand is Broken. Suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that a piece of plastic is broken or cracked on the wand of my home connector. Please see the attached pics. I can still charge the Tesla using the wand, but I am concerned it could break further or cause some sort of problem. Has anyone else had a similar issue with this small piece on the wand? Would this be covered by warranty? The connector is less than a year old.

It almost seems like I could take some crazy glue and glue the piece back in. But I don't know if this would cause a problem or void the warranty.
Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
joebruin77

IMG_1675.jpg
IMG_1676.jpg

Wow only a year old? It looks to have taken a beating...Abrasion marks on the top and left edges. Was it dropped? Not sure that would be covered under warranty. My HPWC is almost a year old and still looks brand new.

The crack doesn’t look like it’ll effect charging...but as you said I’d be afraid it would break off and jam up inside your charge port.

Wow only a year old? It looks to have taken a beating...Abrasion marks on the top and left edges. Was it dropped? Not sure that would be covered under warranty. My HPWC is almost a year old and still looks brand new.

The crack doesn’t look like it’ll effect charging...but as you said I’d be afraid it would break off and jam up inside your charge port.

I am always super careful with it and have never dropped it. I was thinking that maybe someone came by my house and messed with it. But I personally have always used care to prevent exactly this kind of thing.

Has anyone ever had their wand fixed or replaced by mobile service? I am not as concerned about whether or not it is covered by warranty as just getting it fixed so the charger doesn't stop working or harm my Tesla.

I hate to ask this, but are you sure it wasnt run over or something (left on ground and driven over)? it looks like it was somewhat smashed to me, and all that plastic scraped off the side does not look like "regular" insertion / removal. I have had mine installed since mid december and it doesnt look anything like that.

I hate to ask this, but are you sure it wasnt run over or something (left on ground and driven over)? it looks like it was somewhat smashed to me, and all that plastic scraped off the side does not look like "regular" insertion / removal. I have had mine installed since mid december and it doesnt look anything like that.

Definitely not driven over, as the connector is on the side of the garage. I treat it with kid gloves. I have 2 theories 1) Someone came by the house when I was not home and messed with it 2) There is a problem with the release mechanism in my charge port and maybe it is not fully released when the car indicates it is.

I have contacted Tesla support. I am curious to see how long it will take for them to respond.