Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help possible new owner 2019vs20vs21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the market for a M3P. this would be my first one. Im a car enthusiast and all i really care about is performance and reliability. I would also like to spend my money wisely and get the best bang for the buck. Ive done some research but not too much. I live in Illinois where we get cold winters. Do i definitely need a 21 with the heat pump? this would be my daily commute vehicle. I only travel 12 miles one way to work, id also be driving it around town for errands and such. Any opinions?

I'm in the market for a M3P. this would be my first one. Im a car enthusiast and all i really care about is performance and reliability. I would also like to spend my money wisely and get the best bang for the buck. Ive done some research but not too much. I live in Illinois where we get cold winters. Do i definitely need a 21 with the heat pump? this would be my daily commute vehicle. I only travel 12 miles one way to work, id also be driving it around town for errands and such. Any opinions?
Heat pump gives you more range in the winter, if you have charging at home and you don't need to ever do more than 150 miles a day in the deep of winter, you could get by with no heat pump. And even if you do 150+ miles, you could always go to a Supercharger (unless you want to go places that don't have them on the way)

Performance Model with track mode is a must if you're an enthusiast. Personally I prefer the 21-22 models for heat pump, double glazed front side windows, wireless phone charging, auto trunk, heated steering wheel, ultrasonic parking sensors (23+ don't have those). But you should just get whatever suits your budget best.

Last edited:
Reactions: P-Lo801 and tm1v2
Heat pump gives you more range in the winter, if you have charging at home and you don't need to ever do more than 150 miles a day in the deep of winter, you could get by with no heat pump. And even if you do 150+ miles, you could always go to a Supercharger (unless you want to go places that don't have them on the way)

Performance Model with track mode is a must if you're an enthusiast. Personally I prefer the 21-22 models for heat pump, double glazed front side windows, wireless charging, auto trunk, heated steering wheel, ultra sonic parking sensors (23+ don't have those). But you should just get whatever suits your budget best.
Perfect. Thank you

Reactions: XPsionic