Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help required! Model X does Silver and white seats work??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Saw this one in Portland today, It looks pretty good in person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tanflado
I believe I can answer this for you. My wife and I have his and hers Model X's. Both are silver. She has black interior and I have white. No question white looks far better but is not practical if you have kids.

Hi Darrin,
We've ordered a Blue Model X. We are wavering between white and black leather seats. Since you and your wife have both, can you report on wear and durability so far? Which one you would recommend? We have two kids, but they are older (9 and 15) and pretty tidy. Thanks!

Hi Darrin,
We've ordered a Blue Model X. We are wavering between white and black leather seats. Since you and your wife have both, can you report on wear and durability so far? Which one you would recommend? We have two kids, but they are older (9 and 15) and pretty tidy. Thanks!

I have blue with white. LOVE the white interior and black headliner (required). The seats stay very clean and don't crease as much as leather (people have had concerns on wrinkles). They wipe clean very well - i've wiped off grease stains, etc. The only thing about the white seats, and white in general is the white stitching used in areas - that is what gets dirty/stained. I have an inventory car and the armrest white stitching is dirty already - going to try to clean it someday. Not a major noticeable issue, but that seems to be the one thing that will get dirty - probably in tan also but not in black.

So far, I'd still go with the white again though.

I believe I can answer this for you. My wife and I have his and hers Model X's. Both are silver. She has black interior and I have white. No question white looks far better but is not practical if you have kids.

We have a Silver ext. White int. Model X, with a 4 year old and 1 year old. Not sure why you think white isn't practical with kids - it is, after all, the only color with "ultra stain resistant" coating. It's been fine for us so far, we took delivery in early August.

We did stay away from the PUP because of the perforated seats though - I'd be more concerned about *that* with kids than the white interior option.

Congrats on your impending X!
I had the same hesitation many moons ago when I configured my X but have had nothing but positive reactions to the combo!
We love it.
Check out my Model X YouTube channel called "Like Tesla" as we have 50+ videos on our X, stain resistance of the seats, road trips, ect.
A lot of the videos will show you the combo with pretty good detail.

Here's one video

Hey! I think I used your referral code :)

Reactions: EV Family