Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Take delivery or buy w/2k miles - Save 15k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all. I just came across a 2018 Model X with the exact same features I ordered. Its the same car only it has 1950 miles on it.

Including the tax credit, I’d still save 15k since theres no sales tax w/private party sales.

My hesitstion is, I feel guilty not taking delivery on the one I ordered. How will Tesla service react and treat me buying a used vehicle instead of taking delivery on the one I ordered? Also no free supercharging.

Its a lot of savings though. What would you guys do?

Thanks!

Title says it all. I just came across a 2018 Model X with the exact same features I ordered. Its the same car only it has 1950 miles on it.

Including the tax credit, I’d still save 15k since theres no sales tax w/private party sales.

My hesitstion is, I feel guilty not taking delivery on the one I ordered. How will Tesla service react and treat me buying a used vehicle instead of taking delivery on the one I ordered? Also no free supercharging.

Thanks!

15k even with credit?!! Nice!
No worries about Tesla's feelings.

Thanks!
What color and configuration? Maybe they can direct your car to me, LOL! Remember you will not get free super charging though.

What color and configuration? Maybe they can direct your car to me, LOL! Remember you will not get free super charging though.

Hah! It’s a 6 seat config 100D - cream interior Midnight grey with the 20” grey wheels. PUP and EAP. Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like the warranty transfers over fine. The only thing holding me back is the new carbon graphite trim it doesn’t have which I think looks really sharp, but obviously that’s not worth 15k :’-D

Hah! It’s a 6 seat config 100D - cream interior Midnight grey with the 20” grey wheels. PUP and EAP. Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like the warranty transfers over fine. The only thing holding me back is the new carbon graphite trim it doesn’t have which I think looks really sharp, but obviously that’s not worth 15k :’-D

Vinyl

Awesome, I say go for it though there is a mentality aspect with "Free Supercharging" at least for the wife. I am kind of in a similar predicament, I can get a late 2017 X75D for around $8K cheaper (after taxes) but I am holding off since my warranty will start in June when I take delivery and I get the free supercharging and graphite trim. Tough first world problem choices!

Update, the owner decided to keep it and I'm totally OK with that. It made the decision to wait for the new one easy, and I was seriously debating which option to chose. It's crazy (stupid?) how just that little trim update from chrome to graphite had me seriously considering paying an extra $15k for a brand new one. And I get a free wall charger and supercharging for life, but still I know that's not worth $15k.

Anyway, looks like I'll be getting a brand new X soon. Thanks everyone for your comments. :)

Another dilemma! Need help! My new X75D is going to be available in Mid June. I now have the opportunity of purchasing a used (Nov 2016) XP100D that has around 30K miles for the same price as I am going to purchase the new X75D for. The high number of miles don't bother me much since I can always get the "extended sales warranty" as its a private party purchase and I don't drive that much so wont reach 50K miles in 2.5 years when the original warranty expires. What would you do? Of course I will lose my deposit paid for the X75D but I get a faster/bigger battery car in return, although used! Thoughts? Seems like it has been well taken careof...

Reactions: mongo
The important thing to consider would be if the p100d has the glass roof, as the new 75 would.

But if it’s discounted enough, I’d go with the p100d, it will hold stronger than the 75. Enjoy the performance a year and upgrade to th latest in a couple of years at a much lower cost

Either way you can’t go wrong with a model S!