Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Help...Where in the (blank) can I find the FOB battery for Model X..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the FOB apart and ready for new battery, but I have been to no less than 5 places that sell coin batteries, but nothing close to a CR2354. I need them NOW. Any advice other than ordering some on Amazon. I need these today my Model X is dead in the water.

You can always use your phone and the Tesla app to unlock and operate your Model X in the meantime. If you are close to a Tesla store, they have those batteries and likely will replace them for you as a courtesy, just remember to ask nicely!

$4 is dirt cheap!
In Canada, a simple CR2450 battery could cost you $9+tax in WALMART
Duracell 3V 2450 Lithium Coin Battery, 1 Pack | Walmart Canada
Woah!
My frame of reference is the CR2025 battery, which tesla customer service told me was the right model for the MX key. Didn’t occur to me to check my own key to figure out the battery version.
But those are approx ~$15 for a pack of 25 last time I checked.
It’s also what my Merc key uses, so i figured I could get away with purchasing 25

A $9 key battery is really expensive though... wonder if EPA factors that into cost of operation for a year o_O

Got the FOB apart and ready for new battery, but I have been to no less than 5 places that sell coin batteries, but nothing close to a CR2354. I need them NOW. Any advice other than ordering some on Amazon. I need these today my Model X is dead in the water.
How long did you have the low battery warning? We've had the low battery warning on one car for a couple months but everything still works fine.

Can't really help you for the "now" but great suggestion to use your phone without the key - It does work so I have never worried about losing the FOB

However......You can get 10 of them for $12 here

CR2354 Panasonic - BSG | Battery Products | DigiKey

No offense intended but I love this meme :D plus I'm a YOOOGE Sam Jackson fan
GoogleMoFo.jpg