Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with North Dakota / MN trip planning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning our first road trip next week and are hoping to head to the Fargo Moorhead area. In looking for charging opportunities I have only found the 2 local Nissan dealerships. This is a little concerning as I don't know how receptive they are re Tesla vehicles and/or hours of availability.

Has anyone discovered any alternative charging options such as local hotels/motels?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping BleedsOn replies, he's in Moorhead and has a Model S. Please share your experience in the "Great Lakes/Midwest" section of the forums.
Re: Nissan Grand Forks being difficult, I do not think this is universally so for Nissan dealerships.
Re: Walgreens, expect a 110v outlet.

You should also check with the engineering or physics departments of the local colleges. I hear a rumor there's a Lvl 2 charger at Saint Cloud State, MN

Vexar,
Thank you for the information. In the end we took out ICE vehicle and scouted possible locations on the way there and back.

There are a number of RV parks along the route that have working 14-50 service. They have advised that all we need to do is call ahead to reserve a spot. Even at $28 for the day (Fargo Campground) it is a good option.

Additionally we scouted RV stops in close proximity to golf courses which will be perfect, 9 holes would allow for 3-4 hours of charging.

I will look into the possibility that an additional option my be available in St. Cloud.

I can't wait for the day when travel with our Tesla (or any other electric vehicle) will be second nature.

A little late to the party... Rydell Nissan Grand Forks told me it was OK to charge there during business hours at no cost. This was around Easter though. Everyone there was completely clueless about EVs and their charging facility. I suggest the Plugshare app if you don't already have it. Also, there's an RV park right along I-29 in Grand Forks but I've never looked into it.

Last edited: