Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with purchasing Used model s out of state

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have placed a deposit on a Tesla model s that is located in Las Vegas. I’m located In San Diego. I’m looking to get a loan from a credit union but the one I have a preappproval from is saying that it is not going to work since the car is in Las Vegas and Tesla needs the check before driving the car. Has anyone else here done a similar transaction and what bank did I you use.

Thank you in advance

I have placed a deposit on a Tesla model s that is located in Las Vegas. I’m located In San Diego. I’m looking to get a loan from a credit union but the one I have a preappproval from is saying that it is not going to work since the car is in Las Vegas and Tesla needs the check before driving the car. Has anyone else here done a similar transaction and what bank did I you use.

Thank you in advance
I used Sharonview and had no trouble picking up the car out of state. They fedex’d me the check and I brought with me to pickup. I inspected the car before handing over the check or signing anything too.

If you r buying a CPO good luck. Evidently you have not read the hundreds of HORRIBLE stories on here about purchasing a CPO.
i tried it, gave up after months of BS from sales rep. I got mine from dealer in Atlanta , Flew up, with credit union blank check , drove it, dealed. Paid, headed out for DC. Never looked back.
I wish you all the best of luck.
There r a lot of great deals online. There was one on here last week, lasted about a hour and sold.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
If you r buying a CPO good luck. Evidently you have not read the hundreds of HORRIBLE stories on here about purchasing a CPO.
i tried it, gave up after months of BS from sales rep. I got mine from dealer in Atlanta , Flew up, with credit union blank check , drove it, dealed. Paid, headed out for DC. Never looked back.
I wish you all the best of luck.
There r a lot of great deals online. There was one on here last week, lasted about a hour and sold.
Ditto.

Except I had actually paid a$2,500 deposit before giving up and going dealer route.

However, if you're buying a car with very little bumper to bumper warranty left then buying from Tesla direct might be worth all the BS

Thank you for all the good info. So far my experience with sa has been great it’s just my bank that is being difficult. I will find out today if I have to look elsewhere for the loan. Ill keep the site updated once I see the car and can make a better assessment on the whole process.

Reactions: jvmoore1