Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with TeslaCam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. First off, I'm not that familiar with the X. I've successfully set up TeslaCam on a couple 3s, but have been struggling to get it set up on my parents' X.

Basically, the drive is formatted correctly and has the correctly-named folder (and works when tested on the 3), but every time I plug it into the X, no dashcam icon ever appears on the screen. Is there some other step I need to take or something I need to configure? On the 3 I simply plug it in and it shows up - is that supposed to be the same on the X?

Thanks!

So, I tried doing the various resets (center screen, gauge cluster) using the hold down the scroll wheels and buttons above the scroll wheels, but nothing changed -- still no dashcam icon appears on screen and the same drive works on Model 3s. Any other ideas other than simply scheduling a service appointment? Thanks!

Reactions: davezforce
So, I tried doing the various resets (center screen, gauge cluster) using the hold down the scroll wheels and buttons above the scroll wheels, but nothing changed -- still no dashcam icon appears on screen and the same drive works on Model 3s. Any other ideas other than simply scheduling a service appointment? Thanks!

If you are not getting the icon then your drive is not programmed right. I had the same issue and the guys at Tesla had to add the storage files to my drive, it was a huge pain the ass. Part of the issue was that I was using a 128 but the Telsa only allows for a 32 so Tesla had to reconfigure it.

Thanks. I'm pretty confident that the drive is configured correctly though - it does work when plugged into two different model 3s. The model X is the exception here. Hence the reason I was wondering if the X required some additional/different configuration.