TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hennessey HPE800 - 808bhp supercharged Mustang goes on sale

Discussion in 'Model S' started by thegruf, Oct 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

what an absolute beast!

Hennessey HPE800 - 808bhp supercharged Mustang goes on sale

Not so long ago I would have lusted after a great big outrageous, uncontrollable piece of V8 musclecar like this, just for the sheer hoot of it.

Now all I think when I see stuff like this is

"Yeah great, but the Tesla P100D is faster in normal use (and will be within a whisker on the strip), and it doesn't belch out fumes enough to kill my kids"

How times change (but what a pity that big half megawatt electric motors don't sound like brawny V8s though)

Got to be honest hope i never see one of those McLaren 675LT's around at the right price though, I guess a few miles here and there wouldn't be that polluting?

2. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Ya have to love the sound of a V8 beast! :)
    But, I have not been to a gas station since August when I picked up my beast in a brides clothing ;):rolleyes:
    Whence I was younger it was fun working on friends cars and the like. Learned about points, condensor, plugs, wires etc....
    Now? I change the wiper fluid :)

3. Darren Donovan

Never trust anything from Hennessey!

• Like x 2