Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here's how to fix an iPhone bluetooth issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This week my iPhone stopped working with my MS in a very particular and repeatable scenario. The audio through the bluetooth would not work if I was already on a call prior to getting into the car. When the bluetooth connection was established the person on the other end of the phone could hear me but I could not hear them. If I hung up and called them back then everything worked as expected. All of this worked fine last week. I suspect it has to do with the latest firmware update (2.50.180).

The following steps were provided by Tesla and it fixed the problem. I am sharing in case it helps someone else out there.

Please follow the steps outlined below to perform a reset / reboot of your vehicle’s touchscreen and instrument cluster (dashboard screen).

1. Place your vehicle in park at a safe location.
2. Unplug any USB Devices from the center console.
3. Place your foot on the brake pedal and hold it down for the duration of the reboot.
4. Press and hold both the left and right top buttons on the steering wheel until the small screen goes off, and continue to hold until you see a gray screen with a Tesla logo. (Instrument Cluster)
5. Press and hold both the left and right scrolling wheel buttons on the steering wheel until the instrument cluster screen goes off, and continue to hold until you the touchscreen illuminates and displays the Tesla logo in the center.

• Helpful
Reactions: polymathic