Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Hi Speed Charging" a.k.a. 72A option disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't see any reference to the high speed charging option any more - on Model X or Model S.

It used to be standard on the 100kWh cars and not available at all on the 75kWh cars. (which was dumb)

I looked at the "Standard Equipment" and other specs text, and my hunch is that in keeping with their desire to simplify the Fremont options configurations, 72A charging is now standard on all cars going forward... though they haven't changed the base price of the car.

Am I reading it incorrectly?

We've had this conversation over on the X forums. It's a mess. If you configure an 100D Model S and then click on Next, it will take you to the page where you can see the list of all the included items. It does include the High Amp charger.
I tried this for a 75 kWh Model S. Down payment is required in the second step and so far as I can tell there is no way to see the options list before payment.

No, on the second page, you can click on the details link at the top. I did this just before I posted above :) On mobile or I'd screenshot the page.
I must be blind.

At your leisure, please post a screenshot.

Addendum: I think I found the information
I clicked the 'view all' link next to the Standard Equipment Section on the first page

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 5.46.38 PM.jpg

Last edited:
We've had this conversation over on the X forums. It's a mess.

Yeah I noticed that on the S Design Studio, by "Standard Equipment" there is a "View All ->" link to get you to more information. But over on the X Design Studio, the "View All ->" is missing. :|

However - I see the error of my ways thanks to boaterva. Tesla sneak the item in on 100kWh orders when you click "Next" but don't mention it anywhere any more. On 75kWh orders, they do not sneak it in when you hit "Next."

So the situation has remained the same - 72A charging not available on 75kWh cars, and standard on 100kWh cars. They're just not pointing it out on the Design Studio pages.

This thread is basically a non-issue, sorry :)

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad