Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Bitrate Streaming Capability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the order page for the Model S it advertises "High Bitrate Streaming Capability" for the UHF Sound system. Presumably that's for Slacker radio. Is that a new thing, or is that something that works on earlier facelift Model S' with UHFS? If so, how do you enable it?

I had a 2015 S85D standard audio with Reus upgrade. I don't remember seeing the high bit selector on it. My new S100D with UHFS does have the selector button under the sign in info at the bottom of the Slacker streaming screen. It must be a new addition for UHFS system for Slacker audio

IMG_0790.jpg

I see what you are taking about. It is an option on my S100D with UHFS:

• Helpful
Reactions: rjcbox
If you scroll to the bottom of the slacker screen, there is a checkbox to enable high bit rate streaming.

Do you need to purchase a premium account to be able to do that? All I see is the sign in option at the bottom of the screen.

Edit: found it. You need to tap the "sign in" button, then it takes you to a log in screen and there's a "high quality bitrate" option on that page. Still unclear to me if that's active if you're not actually signed in to an account.

Last edited:
You need to tap the "sign in" button, then it takes you to a log in screen and there's a "high quality bitrate" option on that page. Still unclear to me if that's active if you're not actually signed in to an account.

Not sure myself. Hard to hear the difference. I did find that with the premium account, if my changes don't show in the car, I log out and back in again and everything is there.