Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Milage Model 3

What milage are you at?

• <10k

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • <20k

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • <30k

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • <40k

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many high milage model 3’s are in the wild right now? Any of you above 100k mi yet? I’m just under 91k.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849.9 KB · Views: 119
tbh it still drives as if I picked it up yesterday. I’ve had to get my axles lubricated, but other than that and tires, any service has been self inflicted.
And I’m still showing around 310 for an (estimated) 100% charge. I’ve only charged it up to 100 two or three times, usually stopping around 70% but going up to 85 pretty often.
I’ve also done 90% of my charging at Superchargers and not had any adverse effects which I find interesting.

15-20k per set of tires, wow! Are these high performance or all-season high performance? I spend about 800-1000 on good 18' all-season tires rated between 50-60,000 miles at Costco. I do 25-30,000 miles a year, $1,000 on tires every 8-10 months would be alarming for me. Thanks for sharing your experiences to date. I'm still on the fence with the Model 3 as a work vehicle. I'm trying to get an idea of what real world range would be in winter here.

15-20k per set of tires, wow! Are these high performance or all-season high performance? I spend about 800-1000 on good 18' all-season tires rated between 50-60,000 miles at Costco. I do 25-30,000 miles a year, $1,000 on tires every 8-10 months would be alarming for me. Thanks for sharing your experiences to date. I'm still on the fence with the Model 3 as a work vehicle. I'm trying to get an idea of what real world range would be in winter here.

Try Pirelli's. They have a 65K guarantee.

Also, my driving style wears through tires like a hot knife through butter. I’m putting hundreds of miles on them a day usually and going from highway, to dirt road to gravel to sometimes no road. So that should all be considered when analyzing my tread Milage.
I have noticed though, that whether I am in standard acceleration or chill mode makes no difference in tread life. I have done full sets with each and get just about the same milage.

I’m putting hundreds of miles on them a day usually and going from highway, to dirt road to gravel to sometimes no road. So that should all be considered when analyzing my tread Milage.

Thanks so much for sharing. How has your suspension been? Any inspection on those components? Dirt road driver here as well.

I see your car is RWD. Would you mind sharing an approx VIN and purchase date?

Sounds like 100k should be later this week;) Tires till 91k for the most part is just great.

Safe travels.

Thanks so much for sharing. How has your suspension been? Any inspection on those components? Dirt road driver here as well.

I see your car is RWD. Would you mind sharing an approx VIN and purchase date?

Sounds like 100k should be later this week;) Tires till 91k for the most part is just great.

Safe travels.

My VIN is just under 12000. I was a day one res holder, placed my order around 3/20/18 and received delivery on 03/30/2018.

I had to get a control arm replaced around 60k, but that was because I took it through a stream in the redwoods that the park rangers cautioned me against. Luckily though, Tesla upgrades their parts pretty consistently (or so I was told in SLC where it was fixed) and since mine was older than the currents, they fixed it for free.

I’m thinking I’ll hit 100k in late Sept or early Oct and will have everything checked out again then.