Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitched rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! Can anyone hear this high pitched rattle in the video below. It’s harder to hear through a video but it’s very obvious when driving. Every time I drive, when I reach around 40mph it starts. It’s been into the SC 3 times now they’ve said they can hear it but it never gets sorted. It’s in again now, I don’t know what’s happening with it. I tried calling them and messaging to see if there’s any updates but I haven’t heard anything.

I was wondering if there’s anyone else that’s had the same problem or know what it is? I just want to get it sorted as it’s extremely annoying!!

2021M3P

Thank you :)

Video -

Any idea the direction it is coming from? Outside?

Slight bit of left foot braking would rule out pads/shims/clips vibrating
To be honest I’ve no idea where it’s coming from. The sound doesn’t get louder or quieter doesn’t matter where I sit, front/back, driver side or passenger! It’s really annoying😭😭😭😅

Any idea the direction it is coming from? Outside?

Slight bit of left foot braking would rule out pads/shims/clips vibrating

Unfortunately left foot braking on the Model 3 causes the usual cacophony of warning alarm sounds so it might drown out what you are listening for! I suggest the alternatives of going down a steepish gradient or just slowing from speed whilst in low level regen so that you can do some light braking (conventional right foot).

Reactions: DH96 and MrT3