Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High thermal capable brake calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the new red brake calipers can be retrofitted to a previous ‘22 plaid?
Yes I have them in my possession and I’m having them installed Wednesday.
4862A6B9-BB78-4C65-A7CC-EE24574E3C2A.jpeg
95A5CBB0-EC03-4B36-A040-DFFD67E65DDB.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Pricedm and Nickos
Maez help us out! You already posted you got the thinner bezel screen for the rear on eBay and you're having it installed Wednesday. Where and how did you get the calipers? Who is installing all this on Wednesday...because sign me up....I live in Westlake Village and would make the trip to Torrance to get it done!

Hey guys, yes I have the new “Higher thermal capability brake pads and calipers” I also have the new thinner bezel rear screen. I’ll be installing both on Wednesday and will be making a video showing some of the process and the before and after. I’m sure both items will be available online soon and hopefully at least the brakes from Tesla themselves soon.

Can't wait for the video! One quick question, when you say available online soon...do you mean from Tesla or from a 3rd party vendor?
I have no proof of anything coming for sale in the future or not. I personally think newer and older rear screens will continue to pop up on eBay. And I think the new brake calipers also on eBay but I don’t see why they wouldn’t be available from Tesla service as well. Have previous Tesla brake calipers been available to purchase from Tesla? I can’t seem to remember.

Hey guys, yes I have the new “Higher thermal capability brake pads and calipers” I also have the new thinner bezel rear screen. I’ll be installing both on Wednesday and will be making a video showing some of the process and the before and after. I’m sure both items will be available online soon and hopefully at least the brakes from Tesla themselves soon.
How much were these parts, out of interest?

I have no proof of anything coming for sale in the future or not. I personally think newer and older rear screens will continue to pop up on eBay. And I think the new brake calipers also on eBay but I don’t see why they wouldn’t be available from Tesla service as well. Have previous Tesla brake calipers been available to purchase from Tesla? I can’t seem to remember.
Awesome work Maaz. All I want for my car is the raised silver word art appliques for the rear trim bar.

I took measurements fron MX today, but I think the letters on the MS are a bit smaller.

Attachments

• IMG_20230312_155057554.jpg
    IMG_20230312_155057554.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 47
Awesome work Maaz. All I want for my car is the raised silver word art appliques for the rear trim bar.

I took measurements fron MX today, but I think the letters on the MS are a bit smaller.
Very nice, I think this update should be the easiest to retrofit onto our cars. I’ve already seen many chrome T E S L A lettering that looks to be identical to this on Amazon.
How much were these parts, out of interest?
I’ve seen Rear screens go from $400-$600. I have no price point to go off of for the brake calipers.

please confirm the only change with the brake calipers are the color. Pads are now bRambo instead of the junk tesla was putting on.
remember a pad compound that’s more aggressive tend to have adverse consequences on the rotors.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne