Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If someone nearby happens to configure one that's in Atlanta and not already tagged to a customer, going to get near-instant delivery particularly if the deal doesn't involve a trade or financing.

Stop teasing, suwaneedad. I'm in Alpharetta and I'll set a land speed record to Decateur with cash in hand if they've got one (preferably red) that they'll give me today. :D

I was at the Decatur Supercharger supercharging my 100D about a couple hrs ago and noticed that there were quite a few model 3 s around reds, blues, many greys, whites, blacks.
While I was there, a grey one was being Supercharged ( had a vin of 0036xx ) another one was next to Supercharger stalls not plugged in , a white one was visible in the delivery area, I guess waiting for the customer, a grey one was backing into the SC bay area presumably for final checks.

There was a fully loaded transporter parked out front in the center left turn lane with a full load of Model3s ( with their back ends protectively wrapped.)

Highland Park, Chicagoland il. 6 model 3s ready for delivery. No clue what the vins are. You guys want be to break in and find out? Who's got bail money?

Attachments

• IMG_20180126_184326.jpg
    IMG_20180126_184326.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20180126_184323.jpg
    IMG_20180126_184323.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20180126_184329.jpg
    IMG_20180126_184329.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20180126_184331.jpg
    IMG_20180126_184331.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20180126_184319.jpg
    IMG_20180126_184319.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20180126_184316.jpg
    IMG_20180126_184316.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 77
There was a fully loaded transporter parked out front in the center left turn lane with a full load of Model3s ( with their back ends protectively wrapped.)
This is terrific news, as it indicates the delivery pipe to the East Coast is getting consistent. Last weekend there were 44 M3s at Decatur awaiting delivery. I had to wonder whether that'd be it for a month or two. Clearly not!

Reactions: Dave B
While good news they register more, at this point that shouldn't last for more than 2 weeks. I'm hoping they'd register bigger chunks like 5k-10k to indicate the ramp-up is really happening.

Given Tesla earnings is right around the corner perhaps they are avoiding any moves that would conflict with SEC rules. Drawing 10k new vins something that was never done in the cars very short history would likely get publicly noticed very quickly and perhaps not in a good way.. 'Tesla pumping once again' Better they draw a weeks worth just prior to the earnings and then post earnings draw a bigger batch ( assuming the ramp is accelerating) ?

just my 02

Highland Park, Chicagoland il. 6 model 3s ready for delivery. No clue what the vins are. You guys want be to break in and find out? Who's got bail money?

Lol, no one called me on not being able to count. There are 7 model 3s ready for delivery. I spoke to one of guys there earlier in the day and said they are not sitting long and are being delivered as fast as they come, same day or next day.

I think these are as good of numbers as I have seen, but I get the impression that Jan is slightly better then that. There have been at least a dozen in the last week delivered in one location near me in Chicago and that is a small service center tough in a area that has fairly high Tesla population.

The sales guy in that store told me they have a goal of 4k for Feb, which lines up nicely with your projections.

they are not sitting long and are being delivered as fast as they come, same day or next day.
That is great news, and very different from Atlanta (as of one week ago today), where only 6 our of 50 had been delivered so far. But the logjam does appear to be breaking down in Atlanta too, with someone yesterday reporting new arrivals on a transport. That lot was not going to handle many more inventory cars, so they must be getting deliveries moving in Atlanta at last.

I picked up my Model S today at Denver Service Center after its annual. There were something like 25 Model 3s parked behind the delivery building. Serial numbers ranged from 43xx to 65xx. There were two with adjacent serial numbers in the 45xx range -- did someone configure their pair at the same time? (Yes, I know there's an S and an X in there. The rest are 3s. And more of them in other rows.)
20180131_172116.jpg

I picked up my Model S today at Denver Service Center after its annual. There were something like 25 Model 3s parked behind the delivery building. Serial numbers ranged from 43xx to 65xx. There were two with adjacent serial numbers in the 45xx range -- did someone configure their pair at the same time? (Yes, I know there's an S and an X in there. The rest are 3s. And more of them in other rows.)
View attachment 277307
That silver one in the foreground looks almost matte. Was there something odd about the daylight when you took the pic?
Yes, it's this logjam of inventory cars that we've now seen reported in several cities (Atlanta is where I witnessed it two weekends ago and will be stopping by Saturday for an updated look at things), that I'm eagerly awaiting to see worked through the system. You just laid eyes on ~$1.25MM of product which could instead be cash right now in Tesla's kitty. Let's get these damn cars delivered!