Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN today

VIN: 997xx

Reserved March 31,2016
Configured on August 18, 2018
Got my first email on August 25, 2018.
VIN Assigned: August 30, 2018
Delivery Scheduled for '2 - 3 weeks'

Model LR3D
Blue Exterior
18’’ Aero Wheels
White Interior
No AP

I have been to Richmond, VA Tesla service center and noticed quite a few model 3s. They have a wide range of VINs in 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s range. All of them have either July or Aug manufacture date. For ex: a car with 67XXX is manufactured in July where as another one with 52xxx manufactured in Aug. I am going to stop worrying about VIN#s and just focus on making sure that I prepare well for the inspection at delivery of my Red M3 LR AWD.

Btw, I saw an M3 in the lot with white interior out of about 40 cars.

My Aug 13 Build M3D (delivery 9/1) is Vin 54k while 2 neighbors identical cars are Vin 64 and 68k July builds. No one at Tesla could explain it and I was assured by my inside sales rep that the car had a normal production life and has no stories.

Rocklin CA

Attachments

• 42F63842-5F89-44C5-9B0B-A7E6E4A95796.png
    42F63842-5F89-44C5-9B0B-A7E6E4A95796.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
  • Informative
Reactions: ConcordeSST
Just was told my P3+ vin is going to be 1062xx. That's the highest I've seen yet.
Got my VIN this morning,

VIN: 67xxx

Wow! Why are those numbers so different?? I was upset when I got VIN 8891 and I was seeing others that same week getting VINs in the 12000's

Wouldn’t it be cool to have number 99999?

I bet they run a filter and remove ALL the cool VINs to no one is upset that they didn't get 1234 or other cool numbers. Wonder if anyone got their birth year as a VIN.

-Randy

Wow! Why are those numbers so different?? I was upset when I got VIN 8891 and I was seeing others that same week getting VINs in the 12000's

I bet they run a filter and remove ALL the cool VINs to no one is upset that they didn't get 1234 or other cool numbers. Wonder if anyone got their birth year as a VIN.

-Randy
I dunno, Calacanis got VIN 0001 and Elon didn’t seem to have any qualms with it being significant.

My Aug 13 Build M3D (delivery 9/1) is Vin 54k while 2 neighbors identical cars are Vin 64 and 68k July builds. No one at Tesla could explain it and I was assured by my inside sales rep that the car had a normal production life and has no stories.
My VIN is 69xxx and is to be delivered tomorrow (AWD, Red, Aeros). So those sound right for your friends, but that does sound weird to get a 54k build that was from Aug...

My VIN is 69xxx and is to be delivered tomorrow (AWD, Red, Aeros). So those sound right for your friends, but that does sound weird to get a 54k build that was from Aug...

Yes it is weird. Picked up yesterday and the car is great. Door tag and window sticker say 8/18 manuf while my friends in the 64 and 68k VIN have July builds.

I need to put some water on the roof as it looks like my back glass is part of the group with no IR coating as well.

Yes it is weird. Picked up yesterday and the car is great. Door tag and window sticker say 8/18 manuf while my friends in the 64 and 68k VIN have July builds.

I need to put some water on the roof as it looks like my back glass is part of the group with no IR coating as well.

There is a thread that talks about it (don't have it handy). It was something to do with either different manufacture or to do with cracking from the tempeture changes.