Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland - EDD and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough! I was told that a Tesla employee could assign a customer a car with a VIN when he wanted to remove the hook at a dealership immediately as there were “quite a lot of stock cars onboard the ship to choose from”

This would lead me to believe that not all the cars are sold out or assigned for that matter….

I’ve seen at least 5-10 other people edit their order and removed the hook. 5 minutes later they receive an invoice with a VIN and updated EDD. But I don’t think everyone is that lucky.
I'm sure there are still quite a few cars unassigned on Crystal Ray, as proved by Thomason on the UK 2023 Shipping Movements forum latest post, the only common demoninator that I can also see with most deliveries/VIN's having been assigned this early on is that the vast majority of them are the RWD model. I have seen a few post from people with the LR model already having recieved their VIN, but quite a lot fewer than the RWD.

Do you have any info on whether those 5-10 people were RWD or LR? Might give a bit more insight into whether or not the ones on ship currently unassigned are RWD models without hooks attached 👍

I'm sure there are still quite a few cars unassigned on Crystal Ray, as proved by Thomason on the UK 2023 Shipping Movements forum latest post, the only common demoninator that I can also see with most deliveries/VIN's having been assigned this early on is that the vast majority of them are the RWD model. I have seen a few post from people with the LR model already having recieved their VIN, but quite a lot fewer than the RWD.

Do you have any info on whether those 5-10 people were RWD or LR? Might give a bit more insight into whether or not the ones on ship currently unassigned are RWD models without hooks attached 👍
I believe that it was a mix. I did see LR versions in particular being moved forward.

Interesting, I'm almost tempted to try and switch my order around to try and see what would happen with the delivery date, although I am a bit worried about potentially being put in the back of the " queue " if such a thing exists 😅

So for now I'm probably just gonna stick to waiting

Ty for the information though!

Interesting, I'm almost tempted to try and switch my order around to try and see what would happen with the delivery date, although I am a bit worried about potentially being put in the back of the " queue " if such a thing exists 😅

So for now I'm probably just gonna stick to waiting

Ty for the information though!
Same here, if I didn't think I'd have much use of the hook I would just remove it 😅 I've heard some in Norway having EDD updated to Nov 16th to Dec 31st without VIN assigned.
But for me with delivery to Northern Norway still have no update, despite order date of Sep 1st 😢

Same here, if I didn't think I'd have much use of the hook I would just remove it 😅 I've heard some in Norway having EDD updated to Nov 16th to Dec 31st without VIN assigned.
But for me with delivery to Northern Norway still have no update, despite order date of Sep 1st 😢
If it makes you feel better, no update here yet either - 9th of September and Southern Norway :)

Following this topic as well, all aboard the waiting train.

Model: M3 SR, Ultra Red, normal wheels, white interior.

Car ordered through work: Tuesday October 2nd
Order through to tesla: Monday 09/10/2023 09:00
Tesla login received with RN Number: 09/10/2023 12:00
VIN Received: 09/10/2023 16:00
EDD: Oct 29 - Nov 12

Update per 10/10/2023: VIN Is now gone again.

So I did receive a VIN, but it's gone again. I also got the confirmation from my Tesla Sales Advisor that a car was matched, so if it's still gone by the end of the week I'll ask him.

Just checked the norwegian Tesla website, if you add a tow hitch on the SR the EDD says January 2024 - February 2024 and it is October - November without. For LR it says February 2024 to March 2024 with tow hitch and November 2023 to December 2023 without it.

Just checked the norwegian Tesla website, if you add a tow hitch on the SR the EDD says January 2024 - February 2024 and it is October - November without. For LR it says February 2024 to March 2024 with tow hitch and November 2023 to December 2023 without it.
I wonder if my EDD will change because of that.

I don't trust the EDD after my experience last year where I ordered a new M3 in August to get it before new year (new tax in Norway from 2023). I got an EDD that is is the same range as I have now, but it changed last minute to long after new year so I ended up canceling.

Order placed : September 5th
Model : M3 LR White exterior, black interior, 18" wheels , 18" Photon winter package & tow hitch
VIN : None
EDD : November 21 - December 31 (Was initially November 22-February 05, but updated early this week)

Selling my current car next week, so heres hoping it will arrive this year atleast!

I wonder if my EDD will change because of that.

I don't trust the EDD after my experience last year where I ordered a new M3 in August to get it before new year (new tax in Norway from 2023). I got an EDD that is is the same range as I have now, but it changed last minute to long after new year so I ended up canceling.

As you did your order on the 1st it would make little sense if they couldn't deliver them this year. I did my order 4 days after you, so Id say mine is more at risk. But as they actually shifted the delivery window to closer (previously showed into next year), I would assume that means they are now more sure that we will be getting the car this year.

I'm selling my car next week, so REALLY hoping it will arrive before the end of the year... But I guess you never know. Borrowing a Nissan Leaf 40kWh, so looking forward to having to stop and charge when going home from work when Winter temps starts really setting in here in Norway :p

As you did your order on the 1st it would make little sense if they couldn't deliver them this year. I did my order 4 days after you, so Id say mine is more at risk. But as they actually shifted the delivery window to closer (previously showed into next year), I would assume that means they are now more sure that we will be getting the car this year.

I'm selling my car next week, so REALLY hoping it will arrive before the end of the year... But I guess you never know. Borrowing a Nissan Leaf 40kWh, so looking forward to having to stop and charge when going home from work when Winter temps starts really setting in here in Norway :p
Seems rather random though. My RWD with tow hitch ordered on September 1st hasn't changed EDD since September 3rd. Still november - February so it will be interesting to see what happens. Hoping for it to be on RCC Antwerp and a update on the car to happen within the next 2-3 weeks 😅

Order placed: September 1st
Model: M3 LR, Ultra red, white interior, standard wheels, tow hitch
EDD: November 4th - December 29th
No VIN

Tesla told me to expect delivery at the end of October, so I'm hoping for Asian Capitain

Seems rather random though. My RWD with tow hitch ordered on September 1st hasn't changed EDD since September 3rd. Still november - February so it will be interesting to see what happens. Hoping for it to be on RCC Antwerp and a update on the car to happen within the next 2-3 weeks 😅
Antwerp would be unlikely for Norway Id say as most cars to Norway goes through Zeebrugge, but Ive heard during high peak delivery periods sometimes there has been trains from Kopier, but I guess it could be that Antwerp continues on from Barcelona ofcourse, or maybe train, you never know.

But yeah, I'd assume by the end of October we get a clearer image of the situation, most current ships should reach Suez by the end of October, so if ours are on those we should get VIN around then. For myself I would never consider going without Tow hitch, as its a sedan I see the tow hitch as essentials, otherwise there are things I cant bring with the car, due to the small opening in the rear.

Antwerp would be unlikely for Norway Id say as most cars to Norway goes through Zeebrugge, but Ive heard during high peak delivery periods sometimes there has been trains from Kopier, but I guess it could be that Antwerp continues on from Barcelona ofcourse, or maybe train, you never know.

But yeah, I'd assume by the end of October we get a clearer image of the situation, most current ships should reach Suez by the end of October, so if ours are on those we should get VIN around then. For myself I would never consider going without Tow hitch, as its a sedan I see the tow hitch as essentials, otherwise there are things I cant bring with the car, due to the small opening in the rear.
True. As many other Norwegians. Would probably affect resale ability as most would prefer over without when buying used later. I too would rather have the ability to pull a regular trailer than having to rent a small van for stuff.

Weird that a tow hitch would have that big of an impact on delivery times.