Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HIlls Made Wood Veneer for M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if any of you have any experience with a new company offering wood veneer products for the M3 and Y dash and center consoles called "Hills Made." I know RPM Tesla is offering a similar product but the reviews haven't been too favorable. The Hills Made products are cheaper in price and appear to be better quality with several different types of wood veneers. Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts.

Hills – High-end accessories for Tesla

download-1.jpg
download.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if any of you have any experience with a new company offering wood veneer products for the M3 and Y dash and center consoles called "Hills Made." I know RPM Tesla is offering a similar product but the reviews haven't been too favorable. The Hills Made products are cheaper in price and appear to be better quality with several different types of wood veneers. Thanks in advance for your help and thoughts.

View attachment 630874 View attachment 630876
There's another thread about center console veneers. I ordered one recently, but the wait time for delivery is quite long. I think 6 to 8 weeks.

Hi everyone,

View attachment 630874 View attachment 630876
From what I understood, they are still in prototype phase. Images on their website seems to be photoshopped. A friend ordered their center console cover back in December and yesterday he was notified about delay and was told to expect the shipment in March. I am waiting to see initial reviews of this product before placing an order.

From what I understood, they are still in prototype phase. Images on their website seems to be photoshopped. A friend ordered their center console cover back in December and yesterday he was notified about delay and was told to expect the shipment in March. I am waiting to see initial reviews of this product before placing an order.
Interesting. Now that you say that, you're probably right. They don't have any videos showing the product being installed, etc., and all the images of the wood veneers use the same static image.

Interesting. Now that you say that, you're probably right. They don't have any videos showing the product being installed, etc., and all the images of the wood veneers use the same static image.

On their website they claim due to high demand their shipping times are 6 to 8 weeks and yet they say their products are made to order. Why would they wait for an order to produce when their products are in high demand?!? And from what I am seeing, they are spending good money on google Ads.

Something is fishy..

Thanks guys. I think you are right.... best to wait until the product is actually released and there are reviews to look at. It does seem unusual that they haven't released any installation videos yet and there are no consumer reviews.

Sent an email, founder responded in less than a day. Says that my order is in the first 100, and that my order is due to be finished in Week 11, March 15, then shipped to Chicago and then to me.

They now have an install video, since last week, on youtube:

Sent an email, founder responded in less than a day. Says that my order is in the first 100, and that my order is due to be finished in Week 11, March 15, then shipped to Chicago and then to me.

They now have an install video, since last week, on youtube:
I received a similar email and sent them an update request this morning. We will see. In the first email and subsequent ones he did recognize that I may want to cancel due to delays. I opted to wait and see.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Just adding my name to the list. I ordered a center console and dash in late December. I also received an email stating my center console was scheduled to be completed Week 11, March 15. However my dash was going to take longer. I like the look of the porduct on the website and the owner has been very good at communicating from the begining about a long wait. At this point Im in the same boat as the rest of you... willing to take the risk for a few hundred bucks. I'll post with any updates.

Reactions: KenC
Well, a month ago, I wrote that I got an email saying that my Cover would be finished in Week 11, which is the week of March 15th, so I've been waiting to see if I get an update.

And voila, I just got an update, telling me that my Cover just needs to be polished and varnished. Next week it, and another 150 items will be shipped to the US, express. The shipping center in the US will then fulfill the order with a tracking code.

If it's a scam, it's a fairly elaborate one. Usually scammers keep putting you off, and they are hard to get to respond. The founder of Hillside is very proactive, just the opposite. I hope I'm right.

Well, a month ago, I wrote that I got an email saying that my Cover would be finished in Week 11, which is the week of March 15th, so I've been waiting to see if I get an update.

And voila, I just got an update, telling me that my Cover just needs to be polished and varnished. Next week it, and another 150 items will be shipped to the US, express. The shipping center in the US will then fulfill the order with a tracking code.

If it's a scam, it's a fairly elaborate one. Usually scammers keep putting you off, and they are hard to get to respond. The founder of Hillside is very proactive, just the opposite. I hope I'm right.

Still sounds like you are getting scammed... Just stringing you along. I hope you get it though, don't mind me I'm a pessimist lol! 😆

• Funny
Reactions: vinny84
The CEO of Hillsmade emailed the other day, saying my wood console was shipped to the US, but got stuck in customs for a few extra days, but that it's been released, and that I would get a shipping number soon.

Today, got another email with a DHL tracking number.

As I've said above, if it's a scam, it's a good one!

Their site also shows a real pic of the veneers laid out on the ground. Previously, one thing that seemed suspicious was that the items were renderings, not actual product. Now, it shows real product.
by default 2021-04-07 at 1.36.36 PM.jpg

Reactions: cylonmode