Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a curb right under the doors, on the skirt? Thoughts on costs to fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not even sure what this area is called to get an estimate. Has anyone done anything similar, any ballparks on cost and where I should go (any old bodyshop to tesla certified)?

Attachments

• IMG_2834.JPG
    IMG_2834.JPG
    660.6 KB · Views: 821
  • IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    748.8 KB · Views: 548
Not even sure what this area is called to get an estimate. Has anyone done anything similar, any ballparks on cost and where I should go (any old bodyshop to tesla certified)?
Ooof that's a bad one. You would call that the rocker panel on the side aperture panel. It may be a good candidate for replacement. It's obviously punched up quite a bit, but what's under the rocker moulding is probably worse.

I'd recommend taking it to a TABS. But do your research first and make sure they have good reviews/customer satisfaction.

I once had the very same damage on my former Model 3. I had it repaired at CarStar in Cornwall, ON. The cost was roughly $1,600 CAD incl. tax if I remember correctly.
They also have locations in Massachusetts if you want to give it a try. I was very impressed with the quality of their work.

FWIW the rocker is steel. Keep in mind other people may have similiar looking damage or damage caused by the same type of impact, but any repair technician will tell you that no 2 repairs are the same.

To really know how much it will cost will require taking it in to a repair facility for a in person assessment to provide an accurate estimate