Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit by an 18 wheeler [is my car totaled]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree with the idea, this will be a much harder argument to win. I'm not sure there is any established case law with it yet, and I doubt an insurance company will agree to that without going to court. The best route for the car owner in this case is to get a vehicle to use in a daily case, get her car completely repaired or go through the totaling process (although my guess is it wouldn't be a total) and basically minimize the disruption for the daily routine. Going to court over this point would delay the entire process, and while it would be good for the attorneys involved (on both sides) it probably wouldn't be worth the effort for the vehicle owner.
I would venture a guess they would also potentially owe for the cost to drive (not just rent) the rental vehicle if it is an ICE. That's an added cost over what you would have likely paid driving your EV--especially if you're in CA where the oil companies have lost their god damned minds (for those that don't know, a few places have crossed $7/gallon).

how can spiked hubs be even legal?
Dunno, but I got a pic of a semi that I passed a couple weeks ago, and yes, he had spiked hubs. Messala would have been proud!
Image 6-11-22 at 7.43 PM.jpeg