Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit & Run Southern California / Pasadena - Ameriprise Insurance / Tesla Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were victims of a hit and run on the 605 south in Baldwin Park today. Other driver came out of nowhere and slammed into drivers side at high speed. Fortunately, Dashcam caught the whole thing as they changed lanes and slammed right into us (with the Dashcam we also got the plate number and filed a police report). They didn't stop. Fortunately it seems no injuries (have to see if anything changes overnight), but the car is a mess with every panel on the drivers side sustaining significant damage along with the front wheel. Computer also disabled a lot of functionality but we were able to get the car home (was definitely driving funky with a lots of hazard alerts but it got us home). We have our insurance through Ameriprise / Costco and would appreciate any advice from people with recent experience on what we can expect in terms of service from Ameriprise and Tesla Service. We live in the Pasadena area, so once the adjuster has come out (hopefully tomorrow) I was planning to go the the Tesla Service Center in Burbank (where we picked up the car when we bought it in September 2019). Concerned about wait times for parts and wanted to see if that situation has by perhaps improved with the Model 3. Many thanks!

We were victims of a hit and run on the 605 south in Baldwin Park today. Other driver came out of nowhere and slammed into drivers side at high speed. Fortunately, Dashcam caught the whole thing as they changed lanes and slammed right into us (with the Dashcam we also got the plate number and filed a police report). They didn't stop. Fortunately it seems no injuries (have to see if anything changes overnight), but the car is a mess with every panel on the drivers side sustaining significant damage along with the front wheel. Computer also disabled a lot of functionality but we were able to get the car home (was definitely driving funky with a lots of hazard alerts but it got us home). We have our insurance through Ameriprise / Costco and would appreciate any advice from people with recent experience on what we can expect in terms of service from Ameriprise and Tesla Service. We live in the Pasadena area, so once the adjuster has come out (hopefully tomorrow) I was planning to go the the Tesla Service Center in Burbank (where we picked up the car when we bought it in September 2019). Concerned about wait times for parts and wanted to see if that situation has by perhaps improved with the Model 3. Many thanks!

I believe the local direct TESLA body shop is the one in Pomona/Walnut on Valley Blvd.

I could be wrong.

Reactions: tbwnm
I believe the local direct TESLA body shop is the one in Pomona/Walnut on Valley Blvd.

I could be wrong.
Looks like your correct and because of this they are extremely busy / backed up. Earliest appointment we can get is September 21st. Also another piece of troubling information is that according to Jay at Tesla Body in Pomona, they are experiencing an issue exclusively with CONNECT Insurance (formally Ameriprise) that there are "refusing" to pay the published mechanical rate of $200 per hour and are paying only between $120 and $150 an hour leaving the customer to pay the difference out of pocket. As you can imagine, with a heavy repair like ours this would result in a significant out of pocket expense. Jay said that this issue only applies to CONNECT insurance. So, all of you that have CONNECT you might want to start making some noise with them and I hope you never need to use your insurance! Seems like a bit of a racket going with Tesla as well as because they are the only Tesla owned body and paint shop working exclusively on Tesla's they are unwilling to negotiate.

yeah... It's Pomona or a third party.. prices are generally similar (high), so just go with the fastest option.
As for the connect insurance issue, there's a saying, "it doesn't matter what insurance you buy, until you have to use it"

Looks like your correct and because of this they are extremely busy / backed up. Earliest appointment we can get is September 21st. Also another piece of troubling information is that according to Jay at Tesla Body in Pomona, they are experiencing an issue exclusively with CONNECT Insurance (formally Ameriprise) that there are "refusing" to pay the published mechanical rate of $200 per hour and are paying only between $120 and $150 an hour leaving the customer to pay the difference out of pocket. As you can imagine, with a heavy repair like ours this would result in a significant out of pocket expense. Jay said that this issue only applies to CONNECT insurance. So, all of you that have CONNECT you might want to start making some noise with them and I hope you never need to use your insurance! Seems like a bit of a racket going with Tesla as well as because they are the only Tesla owned body and paint shop working exclusively on Tesla's they are unwilling to negotiate.

any other Tesla body shops that have openings for you?

This is troubling as I also have Ameriprise/Costco. They did have the cheapest rate when I checked a couple years ago. Maybe it’s time to shop around again...

You may consider this body shop. They repaired my model 3 and done excellent work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200211-124303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200211-124303_Chrome.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 176
Hopefully Ameriprise will track down the other driver’s insurance (assuming they have insurance) and will get them to pay going rate with no haggling. Third party certified body shops are better than waiting until late September to even get started.

Good luck and glad you’re not injured (so far).

Reactions: Phlier
Burbank is the good one, they have honest people working there and will help you out.
As majority of them do, but the Burbank one has competent people working there.
That's correct.
ok. looks like there are (4) Tesla Certified Body Shops in Burbank / Glendale area so just want to be sure:

https://allcitycollision.com/
The #1 Auto Repair Shop in Los Angeles
Bistagne Bros. Body Shop – Providing Customers with Quality Service and Repair
https://dcautocraft.com/

+1 for Avio, these were the guys recommended to me by State farm adjuster when I got rear ended. Their hourly rate is way lower than other places which is probably why insurance adjuster likes them. I expect they make up the money on all the crashed Ferraris, Lambos and Bentleys they have lying around.

• Funny
Reactions: Noodles