Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told it varies. Last shipment has 25 containers. Each container holds 2 Model S. Therefore we had 50 Model S in the last shipment. I don't know the frequency of shipment. I know for sure that last shipment was docked on Aug 15 (because one of our Model S is in that shipment). I also know that our 2nd Model S is in the next shipment. Assuming Sept 16 arrival date is the next shipment, then I would further assume it ships once a month.

I hope they have more shipments per month or more containers per ship. In spring we heard an estimate of around 500 orders for Hong Kong. Shipments started in July. If 1 ship per month with 50 cars it would take them 10 month to get clear their backlog :eek:

Tony, Tesla HK actually contact you and set up an appointment to do paper work and take payment from you ~7-10 days before deliver your Model S. In the States, we never see any Tesla people because everything is done online (signing and payment), then the Model S is just delivered on a truck to your front door.

By the way, I would like to clarify that my "once a month shipment" is purely a speculation on my part. My speculation is based on only two months sampling... so if I were you, don't trust anything I say.

Just now received a call from my DS. My car finished production and they plan to hand it over to me first week of November. Another delay from the latest October delivery information. No idea why it takes two month from California until the handover date.
At least I hope there will be no further delays from now on.

Just now received a call from my DS. My car finished production and they plan to hand it over to me first week of November. Another delay from the latest October delivery information. No idea why it takes two month from California until the handover date.
At least I hope there will be no further delays from now on.

If your car is produced and says late October is being delayed till early November, then I wonder how mine, which is still queuing up for production and also says late October, has any chance of a late October delivery since it's been delayed once.