Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Vmax

No email from DS. We spoke on the phone. Documents requested were HKID and proof of address.
Is there supposed to be an official email?

Based on previous cars purchased a cashier's check or approved financing + proof of insurance also necessary. Are there other documents required by Tesla?

@lx3h: My car is supposed to be a car by now, at least this is what the DS said ... but you never know

@Ebill: I got an email from my DS, which looked pretty standardised mentioning following required docs:

1. Copy of your identity card
  2. Copy of a certificate of incorporation (if applicable)
  3. Proof of address
  4. Insurance cover note (required as soon as we have scheduled your delivery date)
  5. Bank check (final payment)
  6. Registration name (please provide the full name on your identity card or your full company name)
  7. Registration address (must match proof of address

- - - Updated - - -

Yes mine is now November as well. Clearly something has stirred them up. I bet they are trying to get delivery numbers up for the end of the quarter and we are the suckers who pay for it.

Not really great for us, but if it helps to make Tesla look good and get stronger, it will help us in long term.

My Dashboard shows "In Production" status for more than 2 weeks already. Looks like the status just will change to "In Transit" once it has been loaded on board.
Read somewhere else on TMC, that export cars will usually be shipped at the end of each quarter. This would match my early November delivery estimate.

My Dashboard shows "In Production" status for more than 2 weeks already. Looks like the status just will change to "In Transit" once it has been loaded on board.
Read somewhere else on TMC, that export cars will usually be shipped at the end of each quarter. This would match my early November delivery estimate.

Mine is still "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." Estimated delivery November. What about "Despite the long waiting time, Guillen says there is enough production capacity to meet demand, even though he admits the plant has so far been producing approximately 100 cars a day" ? http://yahoodeluxe.tumblr.com/post/96884658368/brand-aims-to-electrify-the-city-us-carmaker

Hi all
I m new here, just ordered a model S. Deposit paid on 12Sep14, confirmed on 14Sep14.
1st status was "sourcing parts" and 2 days later changed to "in production queue"
Estimated delivery date : December 2014
No VIN number yet

85kWh, blue, grey leather seats, pano roof, piano black, tech pack, sensors, 19" wheels

Thanks

Hi all
I m new here, just ordered a model S. Deposit paid on 12Sep14, confirmed on 14Sep14.
1st status was "sourcing parts" and 2 days later changed to "in production queue"
Estimated delivery date : December 2014
No VIN number yet

85kWh, blue, grey leather seats, pano roof, piano black, tech pack, sensors, 19" wheels

Thanks

Congrats Malix! It looks like you will be getting your car pretty soon. Some of us had waited over 2 years for the car but it is all worth it!!

Thanks jkhfung
Can t wait to get the car but unfortunately, from what i can read in this forum, looks like the delivery date is fake ...

Anyone who confirmed in july or aug ? What's your delivery date ? Any VIN yet ?

Thanks very much

Wrote an email and then received a call from Fiona, she said due to factory expansion, production has been put on halt entirely (not just my car), the leak though is that my car will be produced in Oct, should delivery late November (that means there will be another delay shown on dashboard) but I "can definitely get" my car before December.

Nothing she or I can do about production dates and delivery really, but I did tell her that Japan is still doing delivery. Of course, those cars could have been made long long time ago, just that my "car does not belong to those production batches", or any production batches in Hong Kong either.

Wrote an email and then received a call from Fiona, she said due to factory expansion, production has been put on halt entirely (not just my car), the leak though is that my car will be produced in Oct, should delivery late November (that means there will be another delay shown on dashboard) but I "can definitely get" my car before December.

Nothing she or I can do about production dates and delivery really, but I did tell her that Japan is still doing delivery. Of course, those cars could have been made long long time ago, just that my "car does not belong to those production batches", or any production batches in Hong Kong either.

Yes I have been told stories about delays that don't quite seem to be revealing the true story behind the delays as well. I'm sure they are trying to concentrate on U.S. deliveries for the end of the quarter. Right now they are producing VIN's that are 56xxx and they still haven't produced 47-48xxx cars.

Yes I have been told stories about delays that don't quite seem to be revealing the true story behind the delays as well. I'm sure they are trying to concentrate on U.S. deliveries for the end of the quarter. Right now they are producing VIN's that are 56xxx and they still haven't produced 47-48xxx cars.

Surely they need to deliver some cars to Japan and UK, but does they mean I belong to the group to be sacrificed? And why did they skip VIN? I agree that US orders have a higher priority, that's fine, it's an American company. But exactly how much workforce is devoted to making RHD cars? These are the questions I am dying to find out. Really don't know and probably will never know how production works in Tesla. Unless someone asks Elon at the shareholders meeting or we get insider info.

The best analogy I can come up with is the way a Blackjack dealer can throw one card to one player at a time. Most cars built during September are for US delivery, then October will be most of the exports and November a blend of what is left. Since the line can make up to 1000/wk then i have to guess they are dealing cards to one particular location at a time for best sales results versus most happy worldwide customers. October will be Australia, a few more to HK, few to Japan and Europe but November starts to grow more foreign deliveries as ships, trains and transport is more efficient with a larger bulk order. Musk did say boats going to China are almost all empty and I presume similar for Hong Kong. But they would't want to ship 10-30 per ship but rather more like 50 or more in a larger set. The US is still the primary customer base of Tesla with maybe 60% of Q3 sales being the US. But I think they will catch up on back orders for HK by year end, if not end of January.

while one region is getting cars, it gets attention and that leads to more orders and 3-4 month waits. It is not efficient for keeping store employees working hard for three months but rather for one hard month and two slower months. Maybe as they grow, they will have a smoother flow of deliveries. For example, my local US sales gallery has nearly 40 cars ready for end of Sept delivery. But they will be very quiet in October for deliveries. We just had a national plug on day event at the Tesla site and that may lead to a few more orders for Q4. Nearly 300 visitors. However, many drove in with their plug in vehicles and so prospective buyers may have been outnumbered by the already-initiated.

another business issue I must guess is that if they ran the line at 1500 per week they would exhaust worldwide backlog and need to rely only on new orders or loaner car buildout to go into an inventory basis. That is a dangerous position to be in as it would be a big negative for the stock price as it reverses the point about being production constrained rather than demand constrained. An eventual flushed backlog is a balancing act being carefully, uh, balanced.

Last edited: