Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Lerxt and @lx3h:
News from the frunk, episode 4 from 10.10.:
"All Model S cars built in the last two weeks and all cars coming out of the factory are autonomous enabled."
Software upgrades will enable the functionality, but because of local legislation, I believe most features will remain disabled in Hong Kong.
Hope this new hardware will not prolong the registration process here.

My car still shows "In Production."

I was thinking the same thing, Vmax. I understand the lane departure warning will work and there is someone who says they had active cruise control in an ElGrande or something.

Im actually waiting for someone to answer my emails asking if I have the new features. I'm assuming that since we all went into production on the same day we should have it if you do.

Vmax and Lerxt, if your cars could have these features, it would have been worth the extra wait for you, fingers crossed!

Lerxt, now we know for sure what the extra delay for you was about: Warp drive was finally released 3 days ago as official ... so will your car be the first in Hong Kong with this "D" Warp Drive?

I am a bit disappointed they didn't call it Model S 85W

Congrat on the order, i had the same thought on cancel my order for a D, and thought about the resell value!! :)

where you getting your light T done?

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up car yesterday on my way home from the airport. I had to delay delivery by 16 days due to client commitments (working on improving their precision delivery promises to their customers :smile:). Another 16 days after a 23 month wait from the deposit was easy. For those looking at page one and calculating the math on their delivery date, please note the delay was mine and not Tesla.

Delivery was smooth. Only issue that needed to be fixed was the windshield washer nozzle spray hit the windshield but mostly the walls behind the car. Nice big blue lines on the wall from the spray pattern to the amusement of the DS team. The spray pattern was fixed by techs right away so I don't spray pedestrians in HK waiting at a light. I read elsewhere on the forums that this spray alignment often needs to be checked and corrected at delivery.

Note: I have a 99 step check list created from forum entries if anyone wants to use it. Fiona also has this checklist and went through all of it with me.

Vmax, lx3h +1. Picking up the P85 and reading about the "D" I had a moment of should I wait or order a "D". Then it passed and the grin appeared. Happy to be an owner and not worried about resale value. Like other electronics and cars, these depreciate from the moment you buy it. Enjoy it for the decision made to buy it in the first place.

Off to do my modifications. Lighted "T"s and more.

Congrat on the order, i had the same thought on cancel my order for a D, and thought about the resell value!! :smile:

where you getting your light T done?

Lerxt,

I did not get lane departure warning, speed assist or ACC. My car was in that first production batch after the start up in August. Same as DITB, River, etc.

As I was working on the car all weekend the wiring harnesses in the front and rear appear to have a number of extra connections for complicated devices. On the rear hatch their is an extra cable with what appears to be a video connection (similar to the video connections for the rear camera). On the front there are some large multi pin sockets not being used. I will try to find out more from the SC today. Not having a connection for the wiring of any new device would be on the harder parts about a retrofit. If we in this first batch are lucky we may have been future proofed here.

Hope to finish the mods today and will send or post check list then.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm doing the lighted "T"s myself.

So interesting news.
My DS says that despite the fact that my Model S went into production on the 8th October on the Dashboard it was actually built on the 29th. This means there is a question as to whether there is the new equipment on board. I have let them know I won't take delivery without the autopilot gear, so it is important for them to find out the facts.

The DS also said that many people are doing the same thing. No AP equipment, not accepting delivery.

I note that Vmax has heard positive news on this and he is slightly before me so it will be interesting.

Last edited:
Tesla Sales contacted me today and they could transfer my deposit to a "D" model if required. But that would delay delivery to August 2015. Rather don't change the order if they can confirm the AP comes with my order. If it's not, there is a safer option for everyone haven't got their car produced yet, just order a new one from the web, save the order, DO NOT PAY FOR IT!!. So now it comes with all the AP, call the Tesla Sales and tell them I need the AP feature and have the deposit transfer to the new car with same config (basically same price if you don't have carbon fibre spoiler which is not free now). Then your car will be certainly having AP features. (may get a bit delay thou)

So interesting news.
My DS says that despite the fact that my Model S went into production on the 8th October on the Dashboard it was actually built on the 29th. This means there is a question as to whether there is the new equipment on board. I have let them know I won't take delivery without the autopilot gear, so it is important for them to find out the facts.

The DS also said that many people are doing the same thing. No AP equipment, not accepting delivery.

I note that Vmax has heard positive news on this and he is slightly before me so it will be interesting.

@Lerxt and @Vmax

Just wrote email to Fiona and asked her what will my car be like, and she copied and pasted a response to "Philip" to me,

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the email! We are still coordinating with our headquarters concerning the situation and it seems they need a few days to discuss the matter. I will keep you posted as soon as I get an update.

After replying her, she called back but I wasn't able to pick up, so she wrote back,

Hi Locky,

Sorry for the mistake. At this point there’s still information being rolled out every day, so we should be able to answer your questions over this coming transition period, including whether or not your car has certain features like the autopilot, as soon as the information is available to us.

Thanks for that. I emailed Linda, after Vmax said that he heard, and have received no response yet. I also sent an email to my HK DS ( after talking to him ) to confirm that I won't accept delivery without the autopilot hardware, and suggested they not spend money shipping a car if that is the situation. I am quite hopeful that it will one with it but if not, I will cancel and reorder.

DS Fiona called me this morning and said my car will have auto-pilot, maybe some other upgrades as well, but auto-pilot cannot be used until TD approves the firmware upgrade.

She also mentioned now that she has a list to check if the cars in transit will have auto-pilot hardware with it, maybe you can also ask your DS for a check.

I got confirmation from DS Fiona as well, it will comes with AP hardware. My guess for TD in Hong Kong probably takes another 3 years to approve the FW. Considering work effectiveness of HK Government. I wanna add the Air suspension but it cannot be done anymore. Fiona say it's in production, but I still saw that is in queue only from the website. Anyway, I like coilover for driving pleasure (air suspension I test drove is pretty floaty, can't even feel anything on the road, on the other hand is doing it's job pretty well), but wanna reconsider it since carpark in HK have quiet steep ramps, wonder anyone have Model S with coilover will often hit the bottom of the car in Hong Kong.