Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I am new to this thread. Nice to meet you all fellow Tesla owners. I am hoping to receive my car before end of november. so much delay from the original promise sept..

Deposit date: feb 14
Confirmation date: 26 feb 14
In-production date (when available):Oct
"TMC guess" of delivery date (will be adjusted until a more firm date is received from TM):
TM estimate date: Nov
Actual delivery date:
VIN (last 6 characters of the long number on your My Tesla, My Dashboard, when available): P47863
60 60S 85 P85 P85+: P85+
Seats: Tex SWh Blk Tan Gry: Gry regular leather
Decor Ycht P.Blk Ob.M Ob.G Lcwd Cbn:
Ob.M
Paint color: Blue
Panoramic roof: Yes
Air suspension: yes
Tech package: Yes
Dual chargers: yes
Sound package: No
Sensors: Yes
Light option: yes
Fog light: No
Center Aisle: No
Alcantera: yes
Nappa: No

21" grey wheels

Also received confirmation from Linda that i am also getting auto pilot hardware

I got confirmation from DS Fiona as well, it will comes with AP hardware. My guess for TD in Hong Kong probably takes another 3 years to approve the FW. Considering work effectiveness of HK Government. I wanna add the Air suspension but it cannot be done anymore. Fiona say it's in production, but I still saw that is in queue only from the website. Anyway, I like coilover for driving pleasure (air suspension I test drove is pretty floaty, can't even feel anything on the road, on the other hand is doing it's job pretty well), but wanna reconsider it since carpark in HK have quiet steep ramps, wonder anyone have Model S with coilover will often hit the bottom of the car in Hong Kong.

I ordered coil, and I did a little research comparing the height of coil and SmartAir, seems like coil will be higher than SmartAir at low and standard. Not sure about high and very-high.

I wish someone can make a video comparing the clearance of coil VS air at all settings. Anyone volunteer? Not one on YouTube.

Here's from the blog comment:

http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/air-vs-standard-suspension-i-know-old-theme-sorry

jcaspar1 | FEBRUARY 9, 2014
@empowered
Here is part of a post from Lolachampcar at the TMC site. I think he summed it up best, for those who are used to the cushy ride of a Mercedes, the air will feel right. If you prefer the tighter feel of a BMW M (or in my case a Dodge Viper), you will prefer the coil. I can confirm the ride height difference both visibly and by the fact that air cars scrape in my drive where my coil does not.
Here are my ride heights. My P+ has lowering links so I should be a tad below stock for both Standard and Low. I would appreciate it if others could add their ride heights so we can see if Tesla is reasonably consistent. I measured by dropping a tape measure to the ground, through the center of the wheel center cap and then used a small stick under the wheel arch to "bring out" the bottom of the wheel arch at its highest point.
All measurements are in
Left Front Right Front
Left Rear Right Rear
format

Lowered P+
Low Setting
27 11/16 27 10/16
27 12/16 27 15/16
Standard Setting
28 15/16 28 4/16
28 15/16 29 0/16
S85 Coil Spring
29 6/16 29 8/16
29 10/16 29 8/16

Updated the list in page 1 now (see link in my signature below).

A lot of information I am not certain about as I am not fed as many updates any more, as I used to. Also, "in production" and other bits we used to have are now spoofed in various conflicting information from dashboard, DS and more.

At least for those of you still waiting, there will be more equipment installed, like autopilot.

Vmax, your "In production date" was set to some date in August, yet since you write it's in the very late stages now, it cannot have been in production for two months I think (usually takes about a week, maybe even less now?)

It seems there are some issues at the factory. Whether it is upgrading efforts, or problems after a production upgrade or what - who knows? In any case, I am confident that TM isn't doing it to annoy anyone, but to make sure whatever comes out is working well and needn't be recalled again.