Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hmm, D3P in Cdn$ comes out almost exactly to $100K. Coincidence?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it have the LR battery? I was thinking no, extra, so it would be US$92:

upload_2018-5-21_23-7-36.png

See my Tesla calculator.

If LR is included, it's still over US$90K with taxes. Make sense?

it will DEFINITELY have the big battery. Needs it for performance. P85D, P90D, P100D were always the biggest battery possible. Enables performance. Think of it as the engine....you need the good/best engine in the performance car.

So the P3D (I think it will just be called a model 3) is launched, it will 100% have the 75kwh battery the regular long range car has.

And no, it doesn't make sense...they announced it will be $78,000 for the model 3 performance/awd. We know this comes with big battery, awd, nice wheels, carbon spoiler. You're adding those in on the spreadsheet...as well as paint...as well as big battery. You didn't add AWD...why not throw that in since we're double charging everything else.

That $43,000 'performance' package you added includes most of that stuff you then added after. Ignoring autopilot/FSD.

Last edited:
And no, it doesn't make sense......
That $43,000 'performance' package you added includes most of that stuff you then added after. Ignoring autopilot/FSD.

Please check again, @sakimano. I list the prices for all the options, but the calc should ignore adding them if Performance model is selected.

The $43K is the difference between the std and Performance model. I could have created a new model, but did it this way as an option. The result should be the same.

Please check again, @sakimano. I list the prices for all the options, but the calc should ignore adding them if Performance model is selected.

The $43K is the difference between the std and Performance model. I could have created a new model, but did it this way as an option. The result should be the same.

Performance = $78,000

Tell me how you get to $97,500 when nicer wheels are INCLUDED in the $78,000, long range battery is INCLUDED in the $78,000?

You're double charging for those items. A performance model with FSD and paint will cost $87,000, not $97,500.

Ok.. A fully spec'd out Model 3 In Canada costs the following...

$100,006 - LR, PUP, 20" Wheels, Performance package, AWD (Based off of current exchange rates solely)
$6,600 - EAP
$4,000 - FSD
$1,300 - Any colour other than Black
$1,300 - Delivery/ Destination Charge
$400(ish) - Various other fees such as registration, OMVIC, Tire Tax, AC Tax, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
... A performance model with FSD and paint will cost $87,000, not $97,500.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Afraid I'm in airports the next 24 hours and need a computer to make those edits.

Part of the issue is many people edit this master and overwrite each other instead of saving a copy as instructed. Guess no Google account. I know - my solution is less elegant than I'd like!

You're double charging for those items. A performance model with FSD and paint will cost $87,000, not $97,500.

K, I updated to include LR battery, PUP, wheels, paint in the cost of Performance. Performance with FSD should be $86K, not $87K since Elon said paint is included. Be sure to check the right hand column "Your scenario", not the list prices in column C - these are not included in the total for your scenario.

Let me know if you notice anything, @sakimano.

Thanks,
J

International Tesla Cost Estimator

You can check the version history to see what edits other people has done.
Just roll back the version if you see wrong edits.

Yeah, thanks, I'm used to using Sheets version control. Its not so much for me - I've locked down the formula cells so people can only edit non-critical cells - it's just individuals are working on different scenarios in the same online template (there 3 or 4 online at any given time). And I have a reset script to re-initialize all those constant fields.

The Model 3 Delivery Estimator (Model 3 Delivery Estimator) uses a bank of ~25 templates so people can edit their own. I haven't offered anything so fancy. Anyway, it's ok for rough calcs I think. You think?