Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hokie Model S Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the advice. My parents live in Haymarket, so I was thinking if I install a 240 V line or even a high power wall charger at their place I could use it as a recharge point. I would have to look at the cost though. I often stop in Harrisonburg at the Starbucks on Port Republic. It would be great if they had a charger near there, but I think the Harrisonburg Electric Company charging site is a good distance from there. I am a JMU grad, so I am thinking of getting in touch with the alumni association and asking if the university has considered an EV charging point especially given their focus on technology in recent years. It would definitely be a great charging point for travel to Blacksburg as well.

Anything ever happen with this idea?

Randomly just stumbled upon thus thread and I love it! Haven't seen too many other alumni threads, but leave it to the Hokies!

Has anybody caught wind of the other VA supercharger location? I think one is missing for the east coast trip. Check out this image someone created to help pin down the location (make sure you save it or right click and open image in a new tab so you can zoom in). Looks like Burke or Woodbridge area. Anyone around those areas?

Untitled_Panorama4_06.jpg

I am going to bring this old thread up again. Has anybody done a trip to blacksburg from nova? I am planning on taking my model s tomorrow and nervous about it. I plan on stopping at glen allen SC and then stopping at natural bridge KOA. I know normally I would take 66 to 81, but can't do that in MS. I plan on spending the night in blacksburg and charging at one of the J1772 overnight :(. Is there a Model S owner around there with HPWC that I could use?