Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Hold My Place" vs doing nothing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nvx1977

Unknown Member
Nov 25, 2017
NH, MA
Apologies if this has been discussed/answered before, but I am curious if anyone fits these conditions:

1) Received an invite to configure or is able to configure online already
2) Decided to select "Hold My Place" and submitted the subsequent form

If so, are you forced to wait until your requested features are ready? Or can you change your mind any time and configure a first production config?

And what if you're planning to wait for another config but have not yet acknowledged the "Hold My Place?" Has there been any indication that your original invitation to config will expire if you don't make a choice?

Somewhat related question.

If you have not received an invite, will you get invited at the same time regardless of the configuration you’ve preselected or will you be invited earlier if you preselect the first production configuration. Then presumably you can change your mind after the invite.

If you have not received an invite, will you get invited at the same time regardless of the configuration you’ve preselected or will you be invited earlier if you preselect the first production configuration. Then presumably you can change your mind after the invite.
According to Tesla any selection you make on the delivery estimator page will not affect when you are asked to configure. There have been plenty of people that have reported being asked to configure even though they have AWD or SR selected.

I selected AWD and have already received my invitation to build.

I emailed Tesla with this, the response I got was

Teslas North American Inside Sales Advisor said:
You can hold your place in line for as long as you need to and resume whenever you’re ready without losing your place in line. Please login to your MyTesla account and hold your place in line and resume in a few months or whenever you are ready. Thank you.