Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update popped in this morning, fastest download in recent history

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update too on my MYP. Still playing with the new features. But I cannot get the interior camera to work. All the other cameras on sentry mode work just fine. I do not see the extra dot for the interior camera. Do I need to click or activate something else?
Which version did you update to? For non-FSD-beta, the extra camera is available starting 2022.44.25.1. If you are using FSD Beta, the holiday features are rolled out in a different version (I believe it's 2022.44.25.5).

Which version did you update to? For non-FSD-beta, the extra camera is available starting 2022.44.25.1. If you are using FSD Beta, the holiday features are rolled out in a different version (I believe it's 2022.44.25.5).
It does say 2022.44.25.1 and I do not have FSD.

I see all the other updates like track mode, Xmas show, etc. So confused! I will try to just reset the car to see if anything changes.

I don't like that they moved the homelink to the top of screen...took me a few minutes to figure out where it was...and if you have the installed homelink myQ should'nt even show up anywhere. My cabin camera doesn't work in sentry mode...I guess my car is to old for that? The cabin camera works in the wifes Y but not my old 3. So I have a dead cabin camera I guess?

I just got the update but it is 2022.44.30
Haven't noticed much difference.

turn indicator stalk still has 3 flash or full turn signal

fan speed all looks the same, nothing new

apple music option which I didn't mess with yet

nav has larger turn by turn, and a little turn by turn window above the car icon (left side of screen) if you have music covering the map.
can't remember if it had this before.

I read the font size was larger, but doesn't seem to be the case. :(

Overall nothing of note, took about 20min to update.

I haven't received the update yet, but if Tesla needs more room to spread things out, Sheesh there is a good third of the screen mostly used for just showing off the car visualizations. That space could certainly be better utilized.

Has anyone experimented with the new Climate Control> Auto> Fan Speed Control settings for Low/Med/High? When I tried this I found that Low and Med were each set to fan speed 2; High was set to fan speed 3. Unless this feature is actually a fan speed limiter and not an absolute fan speed setting the feature is meh. (I sometimes prefer a fan speed of 4.)

I am disappointed with this update. There is now even more screen space wasted. I bought my MY just a year ago and at that time I could see on the left bottom part of the screen what I consider important: the odometer/consumption cards. A few weeks later they disappeared and here they are again, but now if you put them on you loose the media player. Some aspects of the interface were better a year ago. Or, maybe my expectations from Tesla are too high. What's the use of seeing my car on the left part of the screen? Why some cards cannot stay half the way up? Why personalisation is so limited? Why some info, e.g. the time, street name are so small? Is Tesla too innovative to accept that a conventional car UI layout may have some well thought features? How important is improving the fart interface? Finally, I think that other car makers, made much more and more sensible progress in UI over the past year.

So we finally get a return of cards, but why include the radio banner as one of them, that can’t be seen when your hands are on the steering wheel ? And if you turn off the small radio banner it can longer be minimized to lower part of the nave screen. That is stupid.
And if you do remove the radio banner ‘card’ a new icon populates the dock, further cluttering it .

I welcome the return of cards but the implementation is stupid with the radio banner.

Reactions: GSP and RSokin
Identified a glitch here that I didn't notice before the update:

-sometimes I get into the car and the screen just says "UNLOCKED" in giant letters, then goes black
-the usual screen fades up
doesn't happen all the time.
-also, not sure if it's related but it doesn't recognize me sometimes after my wife drives. So, if I drive alone after my wife drove, I have to select my name. It doesn't automatically id me.

Identified a glitch here that I didn't notice before the update:

-sometimes I get into the car and the screen just says "UNLOCKED" in giant letters, then goes black
-the usual screen fades up
doesn't happen all the time.
-also, not sure if it's related but it doesn't recognize me sometimes after my wife drives. So, if I drive alone after my wife drove, I have to select my name. It doesn't automatically id me.
Try rebooting the Tesla Model Y by pressing and holding both scroll wheels on the steering wheel for ~7 seconds. The computer will reboot. (I am only comfortable performing a reboot while parked with the driver's door slightly ajar.)