Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery of used Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suppose you live in Vermont a couple of hundred miles from Boston. I assume TMC cannot sell a used Tesla in Mass since they cannot sell a new one there. So if you buy a new one they can home deliver it in Vermont. If you buy one of their used ones will they home deliver it? Will the $2000 fee apply. Asking for a friend.

Suppose you live in Vermont a couple of hundred miles from Boston. I assume TMC cannot sell a used Tesla in Mass since they cannot sell a new one there. So if you buy a new one they can home deliver it in Vermont. If you buy one of their used ones will they home deliver it? Will the $2000 fee apply. Asking for a friend.
I think they'll make you come to NJ to take delivery. Give them a call and ask.

What does this mean?

Here's how it was explained to me

. The vehicle is currently in MA, but as you live in OH, the car is going to be transported to its next closest delivery center which is in Mt Kisco, NY. We transport to NY for non-MA residents, as MA does not have temp tags to drive home on, and they require that their sales tax be paid when taking delivery there. For this reason, only MA residents pick up there. NY has temp tags to drive home on, and no tax complications. There would be no transport fee for delivery in NY.

As we require a transport fee if the car is moving beyond its nearest delivery center, it would be $2,000 to transport it to Cleveland near you. Please let me know which option you’d prefer.

Here's how it was explained to me

. The vehicle is currently in MA, but as you live in OH, the car is going to be transported to its next closest delivery center which is in Mt Kisco, NY. We transport to NY for non-MA residents, as MA does not have temp tags to drive home on, and they require that their sales tax be paid when taking delivery there. For this reason, only MA residents pick up there. NY has temp tags to drive home on, and no tax complications. There would be no transport fee for delivery in NY.

As we require a transport fee if the car is moving beyond its nearest delivery center, it would be $2,000 to transport it to Cleveland near you. Please let me know which option you’d prefer.

What they are telling you is half-true. You can pick up the vehicle in MA (it will have tags) but you will be responsible for paying the MA sales tax at delivery. Which, depending on your home state’s reciprocity agreement regarding taxes, may not make financial sense.

What they are telling you is half-true. You can pick up the vehicle in MA (it will have tags) but you will be responsible for paying the MA sales tax at delivery. Which, depending on your home state’s reciprocity agreement regarding taxes, may not make financial sense.

Yeah I pressed showing them articles saying I could pick it up if I want to and pay tax there, he also pressed and said its "policy"

---

Unfortunately we cannot do a delivery in MA for non-MA residents. The car will be delivered out of our Mt Kisco, NY location. The 3 reasons why we cannot have non MA residents pick up in MA is:

- MA collects their sales tax at time of delivery, and they do not have reciprocal tax agreements with other states. This means you’d pay MA sales tax AND OH sales tax

- MA has no temporary plate to drive home on

- We do not work with third party shipping companies. We only transport via internal means. We do this to make sure that proper tax laws are followed for inter-state delivery scenarios.

I understand picking up in MA may be important, but it is not something we can accommodate for you for these reasons. Take care!