Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery or Pickup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I am in Ottawa so am expecting home delivery as my nearest Service Centre is Montreal.

Reading these forums and some of the things that need to be fixed at delivery, or even the extreme case of rejecting a delivery makes me wonder how all of this would work with a home delivery?

Can you reject a home delivery? How do things get fixed?

Any experiences or thoughts appreciated!

Took delivery in Edmonton (closest service centre is Calgary). I let my DA know I was going to inspect the car on delivery and asked what steps could be taken if anything was found. He said to just let him know. As the delivery was third party there was no way I could have rejected it.

That said the car was immaculate. I wouldn’t worry about some of the horror stories you see online. While they exist, they’re far more likely to be posted about instead than a “delivery went great” thread. I’m sure though that they represent a tiny fraction of the cars being delivered.

Reactions: martind3
Took delivery in Edmonton (closest service centre is Calgary). I let my DA know I was going to inspect the car on delivery and asked what steps could be taken if anything was found. He said to just let him know. As the delivery was third party there was no way I could have rejected it.

That said the car was immaculate. I wouldn’t worry about some of the horror stories you see online. While they exist, they’re far more likely to be posted about instead than a “delivery went great” thread. I’m sure though that they represent a tiny fraction of the cars being delivered.

I'll be taking home delivery, hopefully next month, and I hope my car is as perfect as yours was. I've been reading threads the last few days about how terrible service is, and am starting to question my purchase...

I'll be taking home delivery, hopefully next month, and I hope my car is as perfect as yours was. I've been reading threads the last few days about how terrible service is, and am starting to question my purchase...
I took delivery at a delivery center. I'm not happy with the paint quality. There was a mark on the front bumper that they buffed out on delivery. They did repaint the passenger front fender because I pointed out a chip. In retrospect I should have just asked for touch up paint, because I ended up without the car for a week. After getting it home I saw a small "ding" on the vinyl of an interior door panel which they did fix at the same time. Both were contracted out to 3rd party shops, so hopefully you wouldn't need to bring the car in to deal with any issues like that.

When I got the car home I also saw a lot of other minor scratches. Maybe I'll buff them out some time, but at this point I've concluded the paint scratches easily and I somewhat regret getting black because it does not have a clear coat. At the time I purchased, other paint options were $2000 and at that price I still might choose black, but at current prices I'd say pick a different color unless you really like black. I also wonder if my car was a showroom car due to the scratches and the fact that it was several months old. Mileage was only around 25 km so it wasn't a demo or anything.

Having said that, I'd much rather drive this car even with flaws than anything else. As I said above, I'd sooner take some touch-up paint over waiting a week (while driving a nearly new rental Camry and spending $75 on gas) to have a fender repainted for a small chip.

Reactions: MexiCanuck
Easiest way to handle it is documentation.

Take in-depth photos of the car as it comes off the trailer, and have a light to highlight any issues you want Tesla to deal with, and send them in promptly. Depending on what the solutions are, Tesla could arrange a local shop to do the work, they could send a Ranger to deal with issues, or worst case, trailer it back to a service center.

Reactions: martind3