Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery with trade-in -bay area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I live like 15 miles away from the Tesla Factory in Fremont but they are asking me to schedule a home delivery? My biggest concern is that if I discover issues with the paint or find fitment issue can I reject it and they will have to ship it back? Can I request a in-person pick up instead?

I live in San Jose and they did home delivery for me back in 2022. I was paying with cash (cashier's check) and I figured if the car was really screwed up, I would simply refuse delivery and not hand over the money. Luckily the car was in very good shape and no issues so it was not a problem.

Reactions: Whatstreet
I live in San Jose and they did home delivery for me back in 2022. I was paying with cash (cashier's check) and I figured if the car was really screwed up, I would simply refuse delivery and not hand over the money. Luckily the car was in very good shape and no issues so it was not a problem.
For the home delivery is it someone driving the car to your home or it would be like a truck delivery? Also will they wait for you while you do a 30 mins walk around inspection?

30 minutes?! Are you measuring paint depth and using a micrometer to check panel gaps? Geez. :cool:
Oh hell yeah, you bet I will. They were forcing me to make a delivery schedule by noon today through text and I told them fk off because that's a breach of my purchase agreement as per the agreement I should have a 72 hours window, not 24 hours. I just got off the phone with a live rep and the rep was able to schedule me for in-person pick-up today so yes, I will do my checklist and thorough inspection before I accept the vehicle.