Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink and power frunk install (Texas)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the Tesla SC’s will install the Homelink and a power frunk kit? We are about 120 miles from the closest SC and I highly doubt any local shops would be willing to tackle the install. So curious if anyone has used a SC?

Thanks that is what I was wondering. So if we want Homelink we just open a service request on the app?
Yeah, when you order homelink, the module will be shipped to your house. Dont open the box (seriously, its a strange request from tesla but it says on the box they wont install it if you open it, no idea why). Submit a service request for homelink install, and request mobile service (I think I submitted this under "something else" in the app, but I dont know if they have added a specific selection for homelink.

Reactions: carcrazyguy

Attachments

• IMG_3097.png
    IMG_3097.png
    707.7 KB · Views: 71
Apparently not for 2023 Model Y
A couple of people have now reported this, so you are not alone. One person said they had the service center order it for them. I am not sure what is going on here though, as others have gotten it installed on a 2023 Model Y. Try putting in a service center request under "something else" and see what they say.. and let us know.

Reactions: TallTexGuy
A couple of people have now reported this, so you are not alone. One person said they had the service center order it for them. I am not sure what is going on here though, as others have gotten it installed on a 2023 Model Y. Try putting in a service center request under "something else" and see what they say.. and let us know.
There is another option…go with MyQ. It will connect over wifi/cellular and if you a fairly new garage door opener is already built in. If not, the MyQ kit is on Amazon for about $29. My friend order it and it works great. You do have to subscribe to MyQ - $179 for 5 years or $349 ( I think) for lifetime. Check it out….

MyQ on Amazon

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
There is another option…go with MyQ. It will connect over wifi/cellular and if you a fairly new garage door opener is already built in. If not, the MyQ kit is on Amazon for about $29. My friend order it and it works great. You do have to subscribe to MyQ - $179 for 5 years or $349 ( I think) for lifetime. Check it out….

Yeah, I didnt mention myQ as that is pretty new. I have homelink in both my teslas and I also have a myQ enabled garage door. Since I already have homelink I wouldnt have considered the myQ. I hate (with the passion of 1000 hot suns, lol) this "its just a subscription" purchasing culture we are in. I dont really mind paying $300 for lifetime service but I am absolutely not paying "its only $10 a month.." for something if I can avoid it AT ALL.

The other thing with myQ is, some people have reported that although its supposed to know the state of the garage door (unlike homelink which doesnt), it sometimes doesnt, and it also has that "beep for 10 seconds" thing myQ does when you remotely trigger your garage door to close. I get that its an alert, but homelink doesnt have that, and myQ supposedly does (that 10 second beeping, light flashing thing that you experience if you use the myQ app to close it as well).

So... I didnt mention it, but its definitely an option 👍. I personally would probably rather just use the clicker that comes with the car than use built in MyQ, cause I dont really want that close on beeping thing, but I already have homelink in both our teslas so im not the target market anyway.

Just checked my app again. I have a 2023 model Y P and homelink is sitting in my cart. I would have to pick a service center to move forward with the purchase.

Yeah there is something strange going on here, cause there is another thread where a person mentions this exact thing (homelink not showing up to order for their model Y). Could be something as simple as a data load on teslas side getting the vins to be available, or something else.... its strange, frankly.

MyQ on Amazon
I have had the MYQ app on my phone for years. Good for back up but I use the old clicker remote for my Y.

Homelink is a fairly easy DIY. I bought the module on eBay for $200 and took like 30 minutes to install, 25 minutes was removing and re-installing the frunk. activating through service mode and programing is fairly straight forward as well as long as you have an opener remote to use.