Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink Froze My Garage Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Setting up Homelink on my Raynor Aviator (2005) garage door opener went pretty smoothly at first. TM3 synced with system and work for about 5 minutes. Then it dropped out and had to be continually re-link. Too frustrating.
So I deleted the setup and decided to go back to the garage remote. But no dice. The door refused to open or close. It budged about 1/4 inch in either direction then froze.
Only after repeated unplugging..waiting..re-plugging and then manually hitting the wired door button multiple times did I manage to reset the system. Almost as if TM3 AI had lobotomized the system.
I will not try this again...
Anyone else have this problem? (I've not been upgraded to 2019 TM3 system yet.)

When I went to pair my 20 year old Genie opener last summer, I got very intermittent results. Then the door itself became intermittent. It was a worn out motor starting capacitor in the opener. A week and $29 later for a new mail order plug in capacitor everything went fine.

@SciFriGuy sounds like it's the motor that's worn out. Overheated from use while setting.

The other possibility is you gave a broken spring. My door had two torsion springs. One broke and due to the higher liad the opener acted exactly as you describe.

Might disconnect eye-opener from the door and see if the door is easy to operate by hand.