TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hong Kong customs

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by msftdbz, Sep 14, 2016.

1. msftdbz

msftdbz Member

my S 60 is now on a boat that is expected to arrive in HK in 2 weeks - however I have been told by DS it will take 2 weeks to clear customs ..

Anyone know why it takes so long?

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Paperwork primarily. Making sure the car brought in matches the paperwork. Then transport department registration.

All of this resolves around First Registration Tax, which is currently waived but they go through the motions anyway.

3. msftdbz

msftdbz Member

My car arrived in HK yesterday but the DS says it will take 2 weeks to clear customs

4. AnubisDenko

AnubisDenko Member

I think the 2 weeks are not only customs but to get the whole car ready. I can't remember 100% but I think my car took about 1 week but that was only because it was the first batch of refreshed Model S.

• Informative x 1
  5. msftdbz

msftdbz Member

They said it would take a bit longer because it's a new 60 model

6. Chong

Chong Member

I have the new 75. I was told that every model s with new capacity will have to be inspected by the TD/Customs. When it landed in HK, it took about 1-2 weeks to get the car approved and prepared for delivery. I got the car last Saturday. So it's not that long. I was also told that the model X will take longer as it would be a new model.

7. msftdbz

msftdbz Member

Talked to DS. Apparently this is the first batch of the new 60s reaching HK hence it will take even longer to clear customs. They estimate now end of month !!

8. TESLΛ

TESLΛ Member

So, assuming you got the car, how long did it take? :)

9. msftdbz

msftdbz Member

The car arrived on Sept 25 and I picked it up on Oct 20. DS said I had the first 60 delivered in HK which is probably true because I had the first appointment of the day and they had around 15 60's in various stages of preparation for delivery that morning.

10. ck1116

ck1116 Member

I saw my car has finished production, and show "in transit" now, does it mean it's on a boat?