Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hood Crease - 2020 Model S

Has anyone experienced creasing on your front hood?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model S and the front hood is creased. I believe it was there upon delivery, however, I did not notice it for several months. Tesla Service believes I caused this issue when closing the hood. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

When I bought my used Model S there was no crease. I know for a fact I have been extra careful while closing my hood, never near the edge. Its been in for service a few times and now has a crease. I cant say for sure when it happened but I know it was 100% not me. But I have no proof so I haven't even complained about it. Now I triple check my car before and after every service.

You really need to go over your vehicle with a fine tooth brush after every service. I had a damaged headliner returned to me after some other non-related issues were addressed early in ownership by flatbed back in the day when they used to pickup with flatbed and drop loaner and return with flatbed which seems like eons ago for them to only have them come back for it and take it again to replace the entire headliner.

A scratch in the leather on the bottom of the steering wheel I let slide after voicing it too

Reactions: aerodyne
If you close the hood just by pulling down from the front and pressing on it to close, it will damage the hood. I find the best way is to reverse your hands so your fingers are pointing to the hood front. This puts your palms in the correct position away from the edge to push it closed without damage. Any unknowing person can damage the hood if they are unaware not to close it using the edge of the hood, like you close most normal car hoods.

pg14-frunk-jpg.12114

• Informative
Reactions: TimT
I have a 2020 Model S and the front hood is creased. I believe it was there upon delivery, however, I did not notice it for several months. Tesla Service believes I caused this issue when closing the hood. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
My 2014 back in 2014 was delivered with it. They sent it to Authorized repair shop to fix. The shop is on long island and the repair was amazing. I think the paint repair was better than factory. This shop was great.