Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How far in advance did you guys add your Tesla to your insurance? I don't want to start paying for it now, plus I need to keep the current ride on the policy until I turn it in.
I had my EDD Vindow start @ 5/20-5/24. I set up my Tesla insurance for 5/16. It will not complete the purchase until you have the delivery date. If I recall correctly. It will take the payment. I believe it said you had to have insurance 3 days before pick up. You can still make changes to it in the app. You have to call Tesla insurance to make changes after you get your Y. Also. If you want Gap. Tesla insurance does have gap. It’s $4. Per month. You may not need it if you are Putting down 20%. I’m not an Insurance agent. So don’t quote me. 😆

Last edited:
I would suggest. After you get your Vin. If you live in Harris county. Schedule your Title registration for 2 weeks after your pick up or delivery date. You have to schedule it. No walk ups. They Say…... The 1001 Preston location will be the quickest appointment to schedule. But it is downtown. You can always reschedule.

Reactions: mikedjp
I would suggest. After you get your Vin. If you live in Harris county. Schedule your Title registration for 2 weeks after your pick up or delivery date. You have to schedule it. No walk ups. They Say…... The 1001 Preston location will be the quickest appointment to schedule. But it is downtown. You can always reschedule.
I live in MoCo so I’ll have to check

Reactions: Jones1
I had a 97-98 safety score. A few days ago. I had my Premium down to $120’s. That’s with 500 Deductible for both collision and comprehensive. Plus $4 Gap. Tesla insurance has the most options. I have ever seen for an insurance company policy. If I had dropped it to a $1000 deductible for both. It would be under a $100. With Gap.
I started letting family members and friends drive test the Y. Not too far but for a mile or two.
My suggested premium went up to $135. It will start you off with a 90 score. For the first 2 month’s. Then it will come down as it judges your driving. The only bad thing I noticed is the Following distance will ding you. So if you let someone drive. Do it in your neighborhood. Not on the highway’s. 😂

1653842489153.png

Reactions: mikedjp
Did you have to make full payment in order to schedule delivery? Is it possible to pay on delivery?
If you are referring to insurance. I just paid the first or down payment only.

If you are referring to the down payment.
I was advised to complete all task. So my delivery won’t be interrupted. That’s what they Tesla told me via Text.

I was nervous about paying the down payment at first. Since we are in Texas and we are buying the vehicle technically in California. I paid the down payment. As soon as they asked. After a few hours.

After I paid and had insurance paid. I was able to schedule delivery.

I know this is the Houston thread, but I wasn’t going to create one for Austin. Any idea how long it takes them to ship from Fremont to Texas? VIN assigned 5/23 and paid for the vehicle 5/25, but no scheduled delivery still. I only have an estimated window 6/4/-6/8. When are you usually able to schedule your appointment?

I know this is the Houston thread, but I wasn’t going to create one for Austin. Any idea how long it takes them to ship from Fremont to Texas? VIN assigned 5/23 and paid for the vehicle 5/25, but no scheduled delivery still. I only have an estimated window 6/4/-6/8. When are you usually able to schedule your appointment?
I got my Vin on 5/7. My Tesla delivery center told me it came in around 5/19. I picked up on 5/21.

So I paid. Down payment. Had insurance. Had my trade in ready and clear. I messaged Tesla via text. The next 30 minutes or so. It told me told me to schedule my delivery. In app and via text.

Reactions: Brandonn22