Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a road trip planned for the end of this month. We are going to Austin. Can you tell me what area’s AP had issues ? Thanks
Regionally, I’ve had minor issues with dark tar road repair lines and dark shadows from tall trees in the evening sun near Conroe.

Most people won’t drive through the prairie like we did but the rolling hills in Kansas were annoying. It took a while to figure out it was happening every time we crested a hill, like the car thought is was driving off a cliff and kicked off AP. Over 900 miles, this stretch caused the vast majority of the issues.

I’m interested in hearing how AP does in Austin. We haven’t driven there yet since getting the car but do visit often.

We had something planned too, but it was earlier, now wife and kids will go to Italy and I will live the bachelor life with my MYP for 1 month before reaching them in July. When we come back we will do Austin and Florida too.
Meanwhile if there is any Houston Tesla meetup in the next 4 weeks I will be VERY glad to attend :D
We’re doing Florida in the fall in the MY. Looks like lots of supercharger stops on that drive. I’ve never driven to FL in any car so it will be an adventure for sure.

That is high. I would check out Tesla Insurance. I was quoted 96 a month for MYP here in a suburb of Austin. Of course that’s Tesla insurance. My model 3 is only 75 a month with them. It was 50 last 6 months but since I been driving
More I am now in the next tier pricing.

Age is 28
Tesla is who quoted me $268 for the first month. I have no clue why it’s so high.

Got my VIN (yay) and went to check out Tesla insurance rates… I’m getting a quote of $268/month. I have no history of tickets or accidents… I don’t understand why it’s so high compared to everyone else’s I see here. Is it because it’s a MYP?
Tesla quoted me high. Compared to others. It now has me at $176. For the first 2 months and $127 for the following month’s. It starts you out with a 90 score. As the score gets higher your rate drops. $260 is extremely high though.

I’ve texted the SA to ask them what’s up with the quote.
1654548815003.png

Reactions: amajoh
Very interesting turn of events this morning. Got a call from my SA apologizing that my order (OD: 4/16/2022) has been delayed. BUT, then he says, "we have a brand new MYP we used for demos here for sale, same spec as yours for $2750 discount. It has 34 miles, yes 34.". Went to check out the car, test drove it. Bought it, pickup 6/9. Wow, did I just get a steal? VIN is already assigned,

Very interesting turn of events this morning. Got a call from my SA apologizing that my order (OD: 4/16/2022) has been delayed. BUT, then he says, "we have a brand new MYP we used for demos here for sale, same spec as yours for $2750 discount. It has 34 miles, yes 34.". Went to check out the car, test drove it. Bought it, pickup 6/9. Wow, did I just get a steal? VIN is already assigned,
First of all congrats! If you pay is not s steal;)

To me the interesting part is not the lucky find but it's SA calling you apologizing. May I ask what Service Center you refer to? My SA has barely answered my text in almost 4 months of wait and delays

Reactions: Jones1