Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very interesting turn of events this morning. Got a call from my SA apologizing that my order (OD: 4/16/2022) has been delayed. BUT, then he says, "we have a brand new MYP we used for demos here for sale, same spec as yours for $2750 discount. It has 34 miles, yes 34.". Went to check out the car, test drove it. Bought it, pickup 6/9. Wow, did I just get a steal? VIN is already assigned,
Oh wow. My friend who was going to take delivery of his Model Y few months ago got this same exact call from his SA only to find out later it was a previous rejected VIN from someone else. It has less than ~50 miles so he ended up taking at the time, but is still going back, and forth with the SA to address issues like panel gaps.

Lots of tesla's ready for new owners at the Cypress location :)

Attachments

• 0A4C0218-20AA-4AEC-8C6D-17745E3615A0.jpeg
    0A4C0218-20AA-4AEC-8C6D-17745E3615A0.jpeg
    495.5 KB · Views: 70
Hill country born, dfw raised, Austin when I was young, Houston for work. (Stopped in San Antonio for a year as well)
You may know a thing or two about Texas!
Off topic...of all those cities and places, which is the best? I am HTown for work, wife and kids love the welcoming Katy, may get boring after a while, not sure I will eventually retire here ;)

Off topic...of all those cities and places, which is the best? I am HTown for work, wife and kids love the welcoming Katy, may get boring after a while, not sure I will eventually retire here ;)
Opinions about this can be contentious. Really depends on what you value. Each has pros and cons. Austin is barley recognizable to me anymore and is expensive as fck now. If kids and work weren’t a consideration I’d look out west San Antonio or Austin.

It’s illegal to leave The H. After you move here. They didn’t tell you? 😆

Reactions: mikedjp
True statement. It’s like a black hole. Just keeps growing.
The only thing that kept growing is the size of my mortgage.. 1 kid, 2 kids, go west, go more west.
On another note, I pick up today at 1 pm, inspecting my car on the burning concrete of Westheimer, driving to EZTag store right after.
How do you attach an EZTag when you apply tint on windshield??

The only thing that kept growing is the size of my mortgage.. 1 kid, 2 kids, go west, go more west.
On another note, I pick up today at 1 pm, inspecting my car on the burning concrete of Westheimer, driving to EZTag store right after.
I’ve never attached my tag on my Jeep. It just comes out of my account by my license plate.

I learned my lesson when I screwed up my tint trying to remove one of the beach parking stickers I had attached.

Reactions: Jones1
I’ve never attached my tag on my Jeep. It just comes out of my account by my license plate.

I learned my lesson when I screwed up my tint trying to remove one of the beach parking stickers I had attached.
I could be wrong, but I remember I read that even you have an Eztag account and you do not put the sticker on windshield, you will be charged for non-eztag price which is higher about $0.25-$0.50 per toll. and I think that makes sense cause EZtag sticker has a purpose of it, otherwise they just need to register our license plate.

I could be wrong, but I remember I read that even you have an Eztag account and you do not put the sticker on windshield, you will be charged for non-eztag price which is higher about $0.25-$0.50 per toll. and I think that makes sense cause EZtag sticker has a purpose of it, otherwise they just need to register our license plate.
You are spot on.

Quoting EZ Tag FAQs
The EZ Plate feature is only available to EZ TAG account holders. It only works on all toll roads throughout Texas. Users will be charged a higher, non-tag rate.

I called HCTA, and they told me that as long as I have the temporary plate on the account it will work Texas wide. No need to put the sticker just yet, it will read the nameplate (however I pay more, +25 cents), for a day or two while I wait for the Tint it's fine.

Reactions: TexasTes
You are spot on.

Quoting EZ Tag FAQs
The EZ Plate feature is only available to EZ TAG account holders. It only works on all toll roads throughout Texas. Users will be charged a higher, non-tag rate.

I called HCTA, and they told me that as long as I have the temporary plate on the account it will work Texas wide. No need to put the sticker just yet, it will read the nameplate (however I pay more, +25 cents), for a day or two while I wait for the Tint it's fine.
Have you picked up your car yet? I came to Westheimer location yesterday, multiple lines of new Ys lol, I asked if mine is arrived yet, unfortunately not yet :(.

Harris County toll authority. Told me that you can use your license plate or temp license plate in the Houston area. On our local toll roads. But if you travel to the other toll roads in Texas. They will won’t the Tag. I removed my old tag. Put it on the MYP. They sent me a new one by mail. 3 days later.

Download the "Inspect T" app for iPhone. It lets you do a checklist, and also take pictures of stuff that isn't correct. Once you're done it will generate a report that can be handed over to Tesla to make things easy.