Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have the all weather 3D mats (TAPTES,LDCRS, etc), what is the proper way to install them? Do you put them on top of the Tesla carpet mats or do you remove the Tesla mats and install the all weather ? What’s the better fitment ? Thanks
I put the rear on top of the Tesla rear. Double up for the kids. 😆
The front I took the Tesla mats out. I have the Taptes. I believe.

Reactions: Triplem086
I installed PPF. It was very difficult. But now I know how to install it. You have to stretch the *sugar* out of it. So it can cover all the way to the edges. You will also need help. Yes it’s worth doing it yourself. If you want to save some money. I can buy 3 more PPF’s and I will still be spending less than $1500-$6000. I will be buying another Cut out set. I will probably buy the whole front end. From Driver protect. I will probably leave this one on for a few days. Or until I take my first road trip. In about a week.

Here are some pictures from earlier. I’m still not finished. It will take you all day. Your first time.

1655590167186.jpeg

1655590196628.jpeg

I installed PPF. It was very difficult. But now I know how to install it. You have to stretch the *sugar* out of it. So it can cover all the way to the edges. You will also need help. Yes it’s worth doing it yourself. If you want to save some money. I can buy 3 more PPF’s and I will still be spending less than $1500-$6000. I will be buying another Cut out set. I will probably buy the whole front end. From Driver protect. I will probably leave this one on for a few days. Or until I take my first road trip. In about a week.

Here are some pictures from earlier. I’m still not finished. It will take you all day. Your first time.

View attachment 818258

View attachment 818259
You are brave, having ours done next week when it arrives. Full stealth wrap.

For those of you interested in accessories, I've compiled my list of all the stuff I got in order of what I consider importance in the post below. For those interested in the power frunk, I had Henry ([email protected]) install mine. He took roughly 1.5 hours, super professional and cost $350. Well worth the money for something I wish tesla installed standard on all model y's. Makes the frunk much more usable!

I picked it up today! So far it’s perfect. My wife is 8 months pregnant with our second and didn’t appreciate it when I tried to demonstrate its acceleration. I had a packed day and actually arrived after my scheduled time despite waiting impatiently for so long. Then we had to a birthday party so I’ll have to finish my inspection tomorrow. For now, here it is.
5C874401-AC48-463B-9324-0D18D870E50C.jpeg

This reminds me of when I got my first iPhone. I’m just hanging out in my car with my kid.
The first day. I was going to spend the night in my MYP. My wife kept coming to the garage. Opening the door and laughing at me 😂 . Around 2am I finally got out and went in the house. Only to watch some user videos. So I could learn more about the functions. Lol Then I went back to the garage. To watch YouTube in it. 😂

Pirelli tires. They drive great. I don’t want to replace my tires in a year though.
They do have a better grip than all seasons. I believe. I’ve driven many vehicles in the pass. AWD , sports cars and etc… I always have had all seasons. But the summer tires are bad ass. I was thinking about buying some all seasons and keeping the Summer tires in my storage.Then rotating through the seasons.

Reactions: mikedjp
They do have a better grip than all seasons. I believe. I’ve driven many vehicles in the pass. AWD , sports cars and etc… I always have had all seasons. But the summer tires are bad ass. I was thinking about buying some all seasons and keeping the Summer tires in my storage.Then rotating through the seasons.
Just don’t have time to do it. I’ll just drive them until their worn out and get all seasons.

Drove the kid around for his nap, a task I was more than excited to take on.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
I’m not sure if you’ve had any rain to drive through yet, but if you have… how’d they do?