Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you guys seen the potential EV incentive?
1659059179728.jpg

SOO!! delivery went smooth.. I did find one spot I did not like.. but not even sure if its worth to fix it. One side of the rear bumper sticks out too much.. thoughts? I drove 50 minutes home and.. I LOVED IT!! I am so happy I switched to P.. after driving my parent's LR for 28 hours, P seemed a lot more fun to drive! Handling is amazing, did not really think the ride was too rough. I love the handling, the response, and agility. I did set everything to sport - including the steering wheel. I like my cars responsive :) Installed the screen protector, the trunk liner, the mats and covered all seats with ceramic coat.. Exhausted but happy :)

Attachments

• Image from iOS (128).jpg
    Image from iOS (128).jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Image from iOS (127).jpg
    Image from iOS (127).jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Image from iOS (125).jpg
    Image from iOS (125).jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Image from iOS (124).jpg
    Image from iOS (124).jpg
    635.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Image from iOS (123).jpg
    Image from iOS (123).jpg
    285 KB · Views: 42
Picked up my car and for the most part things were solid. There are items I've already put in a service ticket for.

1) spot in a gap is missing paint
2) small ding paint chip from a rock perhaps
3) short but grooved scratch in the back quarter panel glass behind passenger
4) passenger front door needs more force than normal to close.

Other than that car is solid. I wouldn't say the ride is rougher than the LR, but you do get more feedback and feel more but it's absorbed well whereas the LR, once you feel it, it feels jarring like a slap to your back. Best way to describe it I guess is myp is like a massage with tons of tiny fingers running all over your back while the LR is like a hand rubbing your back with a slap on your back thrown in there for good measure.

SOO!! delivery went smooth.. I did find one spot I did not like.. but not even sure if its worth to fix it. One side of the rear bumper sticks out too much.. thoughts? I drove 50 minutes home and.. I LOVED IT!! I am so happy I switched to P.. after driving my parent's LR for 28 hours, P seemed a lot more fun to drive! Handling is amazing, did not really think the ride was too rough. I love the handling, the response, and agility. I did set everything to sport - including the steering wheel. I like my cars responsive :) Installed the screen protector, the trunk liner, the mats and covered all seats with ceramic coat.. Exhausted but happy :)
Man, I absolutely love the performance. So, you have 24 hours. It doesn't hurt to take a photo and post it to the app under service. Feel like even if you aren't sure, it is worth doing in case you decide you'd like it fixed.
Picked up my car and for the most part things were solid. There are items I've already put in a service ticket for.

1) spot in a gap is missing paint
2) small ding paint chip from a rock perhaps
3) short but grooved scratch in the back quarter panel glass behind passenger
4) passenger front door needs more force than normal to close.

Other than that car is solid. I wouldn't say the ride is rougher than the LR, but you do get more feedback and feel more but it's absorbed well whereas the LR, once you feel it, it feels jarring like a slap to your back. Best way to describe it I guess is myp is like a massage with tons of tiny fingers running all over your back while the LR is like a hand rubbing your back with a slap on your back thrown in there for good measure.

WOO!!! So glad you both got yours today! I've got everything situated here and will be getting mine tomorrow at 1! Thanks for mentioning the glass. How long did you inspect before driving off??

Feel like I've been following both of your progress for so long now. And, now it all comes to an end. I guess we need to move to an owners forum!

Reactions: vicarine
Man, I absolutely love the performance. So, you have 24 hours. It doesn't hurt to take a photo and post it to the app under service. Feel like even if you aren't sure, it is worth doing in case you decide you'd like it fixed.

WOO!!! So glad you both got yours today! I've got everything situated here and will be getting mine tomorrow at 1! Thanks for mentioning the glass. How long did you inspect before driving off??

Feel like I've been following both of your progress for so long now. And, now it all comes to an end. I guess we need to move to an owners forum!
My guy wasn't even available to inspect the car with me. I did the walk around myself. Found most of the stuff and submitted the service request on the spot as she recommended. I didn't see the glass until I took the car to my tint place and my buddy pointed it out. They will probably have to replace it. I don't see how they can say the scratch is within spec

Hopefully everything goes smooth for you. I've only punched it once and wow what a difference compared to the LR. I don't want to punch it while the baby is in the car. I don't think he can handle it just yet. Ryzen chip is so much better and the connectivity card is making a big difference already. Look at these wifi speeds from my hotspot. The old connectivity card that came with the intel was junk and could only dream of reaching these speeds. It's so great to be able to select stuff on youtube to watch above 360/480 and not have it choke. You could actually select up to 1440p on some videos.
PXL_20220730_024254589.jpg

Reactions: understando
My guy wasn't even available to inspect the car with me. I did the walk around myself. Found most of the stuff and submitted the service request on the spot as she recommended. I didn't see the glass until I took the car to my tint place and my buddy pointed it out. They will probably have to replace it. I don't see how they can say the scratch is within spec

Hopefully everything goes smooth for you. I've only punched it once and wow what a difference compared to the LR. I don't want to punch it while the baby is in the car. I don't think he can handle it just yet. Ryzen chip is so much better and the connectivity card is making a big difference already. Look at these wifi speeds from my hotspot. The old connectivity card that came with the intel was junk and could only dream of reaching these speeds. It's so great to be able to select stuff on youtube to watch above 360/480 and not have it choke. You could actually select up to 1440p on some videos. View attachment 834501
My kids are older, so they actually ask to punch it " Again again again" I swear if I get a ticket it will be their fault 😂 peer pressure

I will submit it anyway :) I know its going to bother me 🤣