Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will submit it anyway :) I know its going to bother me 🤣
How was doing the ceramic on the seats? Is that something you can pick up local? I am considering doing this because I bring my dog around a bunch. My last car he left the sides of the front seat a bit grosser than I thought he might. Would rather add at least a bit of protection there. Also, what did you use?

Last edited:
How was doing the ceramic on the seats? Is that something you can pick up local? I am considering doing this because I bring my dog around a bunch. My last car he left the sides of the front seat a bit grosser than I thought he might. Would rather add at least a bit of protection there. Also, what did you use?
It was very easy actually. I knew I had to because two kids and a dog and white seats :) I got this one - lots of people use it on tesla. It was easy to apply and dries fast. Still more than half a bottle left - and I did all seats, panels on the doors, door handles and arm rest. Double coated some areas that are more prone to dirt https://www.amazon.com/GYEON-quartz...ocphy=9027723&hvtargid=pla-492436495839&psc=1

The tint is done! For the charger I did a hole in the laundry to a garage with a small extension cord. We use a gas dryer so it was not an issue at all. Charges at 24A

Attachments

• Image from iOS (129).jpg
    Image from iOS (129).jpg
    610.3 KB · Views: 78
The tint is done! For the charger I did a hole in the laundry to a garage with a small extension cord. We use a gas dryer so it was not an issue at all. Charges at 24A
what percentage did you do? I wanted it darker than what I had on my LR but now it's hard to see out the back at night. I only see lights basically. Great for privacy but a little worrisome since all I see are headlights now at night hahhaa

what percentage did you do? I wanted it darker than what I had on my LR but now it's hard to see out the back at night. I only see lights basically. Great for privacy but a little worrisome since all I see are headlights now at night hahhaa
30% front, and looking at it would love it darker but wanted to stay legal - so with 30% he said it would let in about 27% light because of the existing "tint". For the back, I did 5% "limo" tint, and would have to agree - that not only do I still have to get used to the small back window after my Acura mdx, with tint it is a bit hard to see but I can make out silhouettes of cars during the day and their hedlights. Have not driven it at night yet. I also did 70% windshield - which feels and looks pretty much the same as no tint

Backseat covers look pretty good. I'm not there with it yet as my son's legs are still short but i'm definitely going to add that to the list. I think i might have figured out why the passenger door has issues closing. The bottom black trim under the passenger door is sticking out further than normal. I think the door is catching on it. I tried pressing the trim in hard to see if it would snap back into place but no luck so far. I hope all these issues i'm having are all cosmetic things and all the mechanical stuff is up to spec.
PXL_20220801_030353499.jpg
PXL_20220801_030450014.jpg