Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
His car is fine and already repaired. A lot of plastic melted including the headlights (~$7k damage), but Tesla remotely logged into the car at the time and said it was fine, and he was able to drive it away to the repair place. Can you imagine how hard the battery radiator pumps were working to keep the car alive with a burning SUV next to it for that long?

Wow, crazy turnout today at Coffee and Cars! Thanks for everyone that showed up, sorry we didn't have enough spaces. 16 cars (14 Model S, 2 Roadsters) is a record for us. It was cool to see the two custom Vossen wheels options, Greg's Tesla light, and all of the colors together (minus Jason's grey car). It was also great to see Cyberwelly's car back in action!

Wow, crazy turnout today at Coffee and Cars! Thanks for everyone that showed up, sorry we didn't have enough spaces. 16 cars (14 Model S, 2 Roadsters) is a record for us. It was cool to see the two custom Vossen wheels options, Greg's Tesla light, and all of the colors together (minus Jason's grey car). It was also great to see Cyberwelly's car back in action!

I really liked the carbon fiber wrap on the nose cone of the white Model S with the 20 in Vossen wheels.

Anyone take some pics to post? Certainly someone is posting pics...

Last edited:
Saw a Sig at Woodlands Market Street on the way to HEB today. Was that you Stephen? How many sig reds do we have in Houston?

I also saw a black Model S on Robinson road headed back home an hour later. Gave a headlight flash and a thumbs up, but the driver was talking to his passenger.

Please post a photo of the nose cone and the 20 in Vossen Wheels!

gnelson, I have fun talking to all the other Tesla owners at Coffee and Cars, I did not have time to take any picture at all. I have just taken a few photo of my car in the drive way to upload on here.

Attachments

• IMG_3386.jpg
    IMG_3386.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_3387.jpg
    IMG_3387.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_3392.jpg
    IMG_3392.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 388
Wasn't me. Mine has 19" wheels, so you can usually recognize me that way. There are at least two other Sig Red cars in town (Lynn and Susan) and at least one more Sig in Black.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the answers. I didn't notice that at C&C the other month.

I couldn't make it out to C&C this week and I will be out of town for the Oct show. I'll try to come back out in November. It should be perfect weather for my new schwag, the Tesla track jacket.

Houston Owners:

Just to make sure everyone is up on the latest, here are some 'save the dates':

10/5: 9:30am morning caravan from Vintage Park Starbucks to The Thirsty Parrot for lunch
10/9: Columbus SuperCharger Opening (10am - date confirmed!)
10/12: Tesla Performance driving school at Texas World Speedway (trial event - charging will be an issue since Huntsville SC will not be open yet)
11/9: Road Trip and Tour of SpaceX (date tentative - Waco SuperCharger charging times will need to be coordinated)

More detail will be posted as each event gets closer. As soon as the two tentative dates become firm, I'll post. PM me if you have any questions in the meantime.

Last edited:
@LiteWait: Yes, John Kingman asked for an email just so he would have some rough numbers. But the date isn't fixed yet. Many of the SpaceX folks were busy with the launch that just happened. Once they get back in the office, John will confirm the date and we'll send the registration process out to everyone.