Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How bad is the damage? 2022 Model X LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an uninsured driver rear end me while on a cell phone about a week ago. Luckily both me and my toddler seem to be alright.

The car seems to drive alright, but how bad does the damage look? Do you think there’s any structural damage and should I push for it to be totaled? Insurance is covering it luckily under uninsured motorist coverage.

Here are the photos

Attachments

• IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    695.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6627.jpeg
    IMG_6627.jpeg
    458.6 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: oldsport
I was similarly hit like you were when our X was at 600 miles. Ugh! Your damage looks like mine. In my case the repairs costs around $2,500 at a Tesla-approved body shop, and it came back looking like new. The biggest hassle was the 9-week wait for a new rear bumper, but I was able to keep and drive the car during the wait. The repair took three days, including paint.

I hope your repairs go smoothly!

Looks like bumper, trim and rear lift gate visually, not enough to total just going by that. But a body shop will probably have to look closer to see if there is frame damage and damage to the battery. There cannot be decision without that step.

Also, the used car values have dropped significantly, so that that may help you; but may also leave you underwater depending on what you paid for it. Remember, insurance companies don't care what you paid for it, they will typically only pay for a comparable replacement. I'd start researching that right now so you know what the ball park is.