Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How big is the screen wash bottle on a model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whilst there’s really important stuff being discussed here and this certainly isn’t of any import whatsoever, just how big is the screen wash bottle on a Model 3!

Ive done 2,500 winter miles and in Lancashire, that’s 2,500 drizzly, spray-riddled miles and I’m still running on factory screenwash! I’ve done motorway runs to and from Newcastle and to and from Kent with trips over the grim M62 to Leeds a regular thing. It’s become a bit of a mission now to see how far I can go without it running out. I might End up replacing the mythical range anxiety with ‘squisher anxiety’. I even checked that the car will warn me it’s running out as I was beginning to wonder if it would ever alert me.

Reactions: drewpost
Whilst there’s really important stuff being discussed here and this certainly isn’t of any import whatsoever, just how big is the screen wash bottle on a Model 3!

Ive done 2,500 winter miles and in Lancashire, that’s 2,500 drizzly, spray-riddled miles and I’m still running on factory screenwash! I’ve done motorway runs to and from Newcastle and to and from Kent with trips over the grim M62 to Leeds a regular thing. It’s become a bit of a mission now to see how far I can go without it running out. I might End up replacing the mythical range anxiety with ‘squisher anxiety’. I even checked that the car will warn me it’s running out as I was beginning to wonder if it would ever alert me.

Every time you drive past a diesel vehicle a unicorn cries. These tears are scooped up by the Telsa and added to your windscreen wash. The car treasures this liquid so much that it only releases a tiny amount with each sweep of the wipers. That's why it lasts so long.

Had mine topped up twice now (~5k miles) and when I topped it up it took maybe 5 liters? Not very scientific.

No unicorns were harmed in the making of my screen wash...

I have actually topped mine up ... only because I assumed it must surely be running low by now, and also to make sure that it had washer fluid with some antifreeze in it. (Obviously the unicorn stuff doesn't need any winter additives ... it's just magic.)

• Funny
Reactions: jimbo_hippo
I have actually topped mine up ... only because I assumed it must surely be running low by now, and also to make sure that it had washer fluid with some antifreeze in it. (Obviously the unicorn stuff doesn't need any winter additives ... it's just magic.)
It'll tell you on the screen when it's low.

I think it takes 5litres and with the low warning on I managed to get around 4 litres in.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W. and Adopado
Similarly topped up for a trip to the Alps but it didn’t take much volume to top it up!

Mine on first release let out some blue liquid and continues to do so even though I added some of my own luminescent variety. Can you buy the lovely blue stuff?
I use the refill bags from Shell
Shell-winter-screenwash-2L-e1568290353829.jpg

Unicorn banter - luvvin it :p

Then you'll be interested to know that my screen wash is diluted with spring water that has been collected from the hill behind our house before being gently filtered (we are not on mains water so no choice!) ... oh, how the unicorns love it! (I do have to ask them not to piss in the water though ... or maybe that's just the sheep I shout at...)

Then you'll be interested to know that my screen wash is diluted with spring water that has been collected from the hill behind our house before being gently filtered (we are not on mains water so no choice!) ... oh, how the unicorns love it! (I do have to ask them not to piss in the water though ... or maybe that's just the sheep I shout at...)

Unicorn pee is the active ingredient in melting ice and clearing bugs so don't stop them completely!

Reactions: Jez_GB and Adopado
Mine on first release let out some blue liquid and continues to do so even though I added some of my own luminescent variety. Can you buy the lovely blue stuff?

Mine had blue stuff in originally but it was very noticeable against the white paint so I went for bright yellow Prestone instead as it's less noticeable.
If you want more blue stuff try some Quantum screenwash - it's made by VW and is works well with the fan (misting) style washer jets.

Quick, trivial and unnecessary update to my OP: at just over 3k miles, I just got my first low screen washer warning.

the nerdy side of me wants to see how long it’ll run on reserve but the sensible side of me doesn’t want a sudden white screen on the motorway.

Aside from my Motorhome which has a bottle the size of a fishpond, I’ve never gone that far in a bad winter on one fill. Another tiny but incremental plus for Model 3 ownership.

Reactions: Roy W.